-Caveat Lector-

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff

For the story behind the story...

Sunday August 5, 2001; 11:39 a.m. EDT

New Condit Mystery Girlfriend Shifts Focus to Gray Davis

A new mystery girlfriend of Congressman Gary Condit, who now works in the
office of his close political ally California Gov. Gray Davis, has
privately told a friend that she felt threatened by Condit after ending
their relationship, Judicial Watch Chairman Larry Klayman revealed Sunday
morning.

Klayman told WABC Radio's Steve Malzberg that the California Governor's
decision to hire the ex-Condit girlfriend "raises the question of whether
Davis is performing the role of Bill Richardson during the Lewinsky
scandal."

In late 1997, when then-President Bill Clinton was desperately trying to
cover up his affair with White House fellatrix Monica Lewinsky, he had
then-U.N. Ambassador Bill Richardson offer her a job in New York.

Gov. Davis employs the both Condit's son and daughter in his office and,
according to at least one source close to the congressman, once employed
24-year-old missing Condit girlfriend Chandra Levy.

In 1998, the then-relatively unknown Davis launched his bid to become
governor in Condit's Modesto district, using his friend's regional clout
and popularity as a political springboard.

The Davis staffer and former Condit paramour revealed her predicament to a
Judicial Watch client last month, who in turn told Klayman two weeks ago.
"I'm not going to break the name yet," Klayman told Malzberg. "It's going
to come out in the next day or so."

"We've been looking through the information that she provided," he said. In
private correspondence, the woman "claimed she had an affair with
Congressman Gary Condit."

"What's significant is that the woman felt threatened -- it's in the
letters -- and that's why we turned them over to the police and the FBI,"
the Judicial Watch chief said. Police have interviewed the woman but have
declined to release details of her account.

"She felt as if (Condit) was stalking her, not literally but figuatively,"
Klayman said, adding that he has informed Chandra Levy's parents of the new
development and provided them copies of the Condit mystery girlfriend's
correspondence.

Last month longtime Condit bodyguard-chauffeur Vince Flammini claimed he
saw missing intern Chandra Levy working in Gov. Davis' office last year.

"(Levy) worked in the governor's office with (Condit's) son and with all of
his friends and nobody seems to know her," Flammini told CNBC's "Rivera
Live" on July 17.

"I don't understand that. She worked right there with everyone. And every
time they talked to somebody, I said, 'Did you meet Chandra?' 'No, no, no.'

"Well, I think they were told ahead of time to say no," Flammini said.

In the days after Levy went missing, her friend Jennifer Baker, who was an
intern Condit's Washington, D.C. office, told reporters that Levy hadn't
met her boss till she introduced them there. Baker said she never saw any
evidence that Condit and her friend romantically involved.

Baker has since dropped from sight.

Repeated efforts to reach Flammini since he granted an initial flurry of
interviews last month have been unsuccessful, with one source suggesting
that the ex-Condit driver has decided not to comment further on the case.

On Friday Levy's mother Susan hinted she was disappointed that Gov. Davis
had made no attempt to contact her, but didn't give a reason why she
expected to hear from him.

"She's gotten some small comfort from the support she's received from
government officials," reported Time.com.

"Levy praised California's Senators, Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein,
for showing concern for her and calling her family about the case.
Interestingly, she noted that California's Governor Gray Davis has yet to
call her family: 'Nope. I've never head from him,' Susan Levy says."

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

   FROM THE DESK OF:

           *Michael Spitzer* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>