-Caveat Lector-

William Shannon wrote:

> http://www.mediamonitors.net/index.html
>
> American Values and Israeli Values Are Not Equal

Hmmmmm? Could that be because this is America, and that over there is A
DIFFERENT COUNTRY? Hmmmmm?

> by Sherri Muzher
>
> Israel often prides itself on being the only democracy in the Middle East.
> It strives to get US public support by boasting of the shared ideals between
> Israel and the US.  The problem with this information is that we have
> important differences in values. Let's begin with the First Amendment, which
> advocates freedom of speech and freedom of association.

How absurdly transparent Arab propaganda is. This piece is hilarious. Let's
begin with the First Amendment...

> This most fundamental freedom has been completely defaced and thrown out the
> window as it pertains to Palestinians.

Palestinians are not Americans. Palestinians are not in America. They have no
connection whatsoever to the US Constitution.

AND NEITHER DO ISRAELIS who have an entirely different political system.
The very premise here is ridiculous.

>  If Palestinians have any sort of
> affiliation to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine or Hamas,
> they are fair game for assassination operations which often result in the
> killings of bystanders.  The recent missile attack designed to assassinate
> alleged Hamas activists killed two children.  The US government called these
> attacks "reprehensible."  Israel, which receives more than $4 billion in US
> taxpayer dollars, told our government it would continue.
>
> Some Israelis are going to argue that the US and European countries
> condemning the extra-judicial killings are not subjected to the dangers of
> suicide bombings and Palestinian attacks.  But Palestinians can argue that
> the US and European countries are not subjecting an entire population to a
> brutal occupation, as they have endured.  The Oslo Accords, in fact, offered
> no reprieve from the Occupation. Illegal Israeli settlements continued to be
> built; Palestinian homes continued to be demolished; Israeli torture of
> Palestinians continued despite a ban by Israel's own High Court of Justice;
> closures were still imposed; checkpoints remained; and freedom to travel,
> even in cases of medical emergencies, was restricted.
>
> Now, the Israelis are acting as prosecutors, judges, and executioners because
> they say people are members of groups opposed to this Occupation.  Have they
> ever provided evidence?

Don't need evidence. Have intelligence. They know exactly who these people are.
This writer is making believe that they are innocent civilian bystanders as
opposed to enemy soldier/terrorists who actually do kill civilians randomly
and without a trial.

> Do they realize that the people they are
> assassinating are fathers, uncles, and brothers?  That their families have
> been destroyed?

Yeah. Life's sure tough for Palestinian killers in the ol' Middle East.

> Can we imagine, as Americans, if the US Government were to begin
> assassinating members of the Michigan militia?

Good one. The Michigan Militia. Ha, ha, ha, ha. How many MMs have blown
themselves up in downtown Detroit lately?

> Imagine that Secretary
> Rumsfeld and President Bush were to sign off on firing  missiles on their
> homes or meeting locations.  How would we feel about this?  Weren't many
> Americans outraged at the events in Waco and Ruby Ridge?

Ok. This one is not too bright.

>  Those deaths were
> not even intentional.  Weren't many Americans upset with the CIA in the
> 1980s, which sponsored death squads in El Salvador?  So, why are we calmly
> accepting Israel's justifications for assassinating Palestinians it says are
> members of terrorist groups?

" It says " ? They know EXACTLY who they are. What they do. What they did.
What their rank is in Fatah, and Hamas. And where they are going as they
are dispatched to Allah and the 70 virgins waiting for them.

> American-made weaponry is being used to kill
> people who haven't even been tried before a jury.  This is another concept
> that we, as Americans, value.  Due process under the law.

Yeah sure. Due process of law.

> We didn't demolish the home of Timothy McVeigh's parents after his terrorist
> action led to the murders of many innocents.  People are held accountable for
> their own crimes.  But in the Palestinian Occupied Territories, homes are
> regularly demolished as punishment a son's criminal activity.  Why are people
> who had nothing to do with their son's decisions going homeless?

I'm glad the sister asked that question. It's because the families encourage
their sons to die as suicide terrorists who kill civilians. Then they get
PAID FOR IT from the PA, and Saddam Hussein. $10,000 - $25,000 a pop. Pun
intended.

> Our nation
> has condemned this act.  Israel says it will continue.  It is interesting to
> note that when Yigal Amir assassinated the late Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin,
> he was afforded a trial and his family's home was not demolished.  In Israel,
> they have full due process.    As do the Jewish settlers living in the West
> Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem.

Life is so unfair.

> If you are a Palestinian Christian or Muslim living under Israeli Occupation,
> you are afforded justice as Israel deems appropriate.  Though residents of
> Occupation are generally afforded the protection of international law, the
> Israeli government doesn't seem to believe in this either.  Note that
> collective punishment, which violates Article 33 of the Fourth Geneva
> Convention, is alive and well in the Palestinian territories.  Cities have
> been placed under siege for 11 months.  Children are unable to go to schools,
> people are unable to go to their jobs, medication cannot get to needy
> Palestinian hospitals, and Palestinians are unable to defend themselves from
> Israeli gunship helicopters and missiles.  They cannot get protection from
> international observers because it is Israel who is the ultimate decision
> maker on this issue. Ironic, given that it is the Israelis that the
> Palestinians want protection from.

Move. They could go to Michigan.

> They cannot even live a day without fear of being killed for possibly having
> an affiliation to a group that Israel says is terrorizing them.

But seriously folks. Is she bullshiting or what. Do you take her seriously
when she says " being killed for possibly having an affiliation to a group
that Israel says is terrorizing them."

> Apparently,
> they are not recognizing the terror they have inflicted on Palestinians for
> several decades. Terror, that we, as Americans, would find abhorrent and
> reprehensible if it were being done to other fellow Americans.

Write to your representatives in Congress and DEMAND that no more money be
sent to Israel.

Then sit back, crank up the AC, and see how the Braves are doing.
That's what we Americans should do.

J2