-Caveat Lector-

>"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to
>state I finally won out over it"

ROFL!

>>Are you aware of the plight of the American Indian? Do American Indians
>>not still exist? If the answer to either of these two questions is yes,
>>then "the United States (i.e., us)" has NOT relegated the Indian to
>>cultural oblivion. We may, however, have tried.
>
>Indians ,as individuals, may exist, and yet their culture still may have
>been broken beyond repair.

*May* have been broken beyond repair, yes. Such has not, however, occurred.

>We weren't saying complete genocide ( although seriously it was pretty
>close) we were saying destruction of their culture.

Correct, and cultural destruction/dissolution has not occurred--yet. Give
the apologists more time. :-)

>I'd say its pretty well knocked to the ground.

But yet not destroyed, which I believe was your original contention. You
will also note that a good deal more than 75 years has passed since our
original affront to the American Indians.

> >> we, as a culture, dont give a rats ass about the atrocities committed,
> where
> >> do u see otherwise?
> >
> > I see "otherwise" in yourself. I see "otherwise" in myself. I see
> > "otherwise" in tens of thousands of other Americans. I see "otherwise" in
> > the Indians themselves.  :-)
> >

>again you are mixing the same levels, individuals and cultures.

Hardly. "Tens of thousands of persons" are a fairly significant portion of
a culture :-)

>We may feel otherwise. but as a culture we have yet to deal with genocide
>at our genesis

That much is true, but was never contested.  Yes, I am quite aware of the
fact that I am being a nitpicking asshole. :-)

Edward   ><+>

"The desire to rule is the mother of heresies." ~ St. John Chrysostom
http://www.global-connector.com