-Caveat Lector-

>Emboldened by a recent federal appeals court ruling granting broad First
>Amendment protection for menacing political speech on the Internet,

Which is NOT the same thing as displaying video images taken without the
permission of the people shown in those videos.  Try doing that, and you'll
soon find yourself running afoul of privacy laws in many jurisdictions...and
since this is planned for the Internet, a person shown on one of these
webcams could probably successfully sue for violation of privacy even if no
law addressing Internet and/or video "peeping Toms" exists in the victim's
own jurisdiction...the very nature of the Internet means that it IS
available in jurisdictions where such anti-electronic-peeping-Tom laws DO
exist...

>anti-abortion activist has launched Abortioncams.com, a site displaying
>photographs and video footage of patients, doctors and employees entering
>and leaving abortion clinics in 21 states.

Whose paying for the webcams, and the rent for wherever these webcams will
be set up...presumably these cams will NOT be set up directly ON the
abortion clinic property, else they could be easily removed as it would be
an issue of trespassing on private property.

>Four legal experts

Who are not named...

>say the site is probably protected under the First Amendment.

Bullshit.  It violates privacy.

I could set up a webcam pointing into Gary Condit's bedroom and argue that I
m doing so for political reasons and argue First Amendment rights...but the
fact is, I'd be violating Condit's right to privacy, a right that has been
upheld in the courts.

June
;-)

* Check out Alternative Kite Radio -- http://www.altkiteradio.trancetechno
com for:
*
* Alternative Kite Radio (low-bandwidth)
* Alternative Kite Radio (high-bandwidth)
* Alternative Kite Summer Beachparty Radio (because it's always summer
somewhere on the globe)
* Alternative Kite Holiday Radio (because everyday is a holiday somewhere)