-Caveat Lector-

THE POLITICAL DIGEST LITE © ®T

"Internet Clipping Service"

1079 Farroll
Arroyo Grande, Ca. 93420-4136

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Vol 7-L010814

Today's Quote:

"That is a political issue that must be decided by the negotiators. As a
psychological first step it (the amount) does not matter. Psychology is
what Kyoto is about because there is no (scientific) basis for 5.2
percent."

  -- Narasimhan Sundararaman, Secretary of the Geneva-based
intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), confessing the real
meaning of Kyoto, 7/09/01

'TOON of the DAY

http://www.conservativenews.org/cartoon/shelton.asp
http://www.conservativenews.org/cartoon/tuma.asp
http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/garner.htm

**********
[snip lots of articles]

[08]

Foster-death skeptics win day in court

Judge to rule on watchdog group's request for documents

By Sarah Foster
© 2001 WorldNetDaily.com

http://www.WorldNetDaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24042

[Editors Note: I wish them luck, but I have grave reservations considering
AIM is using Clarke. His lawsuit for Knowlton was beyond amateurish, and
was a terrible job of lawyering, and in addition in my opinion all the
lawsuit attempted to do was trash and smear the media instead of dealing
with the FACTS of the case, which they ignored 99% of. Without getting into
a long story of the different personalities involved, I don't hold much
hope. I also can't imagine why AIM didn't use Allan J. Favish, who I have a
GREAT deal of respect for and would do 1000% better job.]

WASHINGTON  A media-watchdog organization will present evidence Thursday in
a hearing before a federal judge, alleging that the Office of Independent
Counsel engaged in conspiracy and cover-up during its investigations into
the death of former White House Deputy Counsel Vincent Foster, whose
lifeless body was discovered July 20, 1993, in Fort Marcy Park, five miles
from the nation's capital.

The Clinton administration promptly declared the death a suicide by gunshot
through the mouth  a decision that ignited a firestorm of controversy over
the wound to the body, the weapon used, how Foster was conveyed to that
spot where he was found, and a hundred other details. Critics of the
official version have repeatedly pointed to the mountain of evidence that
the death was not a suicide, but their documentation has been ignored and
their questions left unanswered.

The upcoming hearing represents a major breakthrough for these critics, as
District Judge Ellen Segal Huvelle, who agreed to hear the evidence, will
make a decision on the merits of the evidence presented. In the eight years
since Foster's death, no judge has actually made such a ruling or even
granted critics a day in court.

"We're going to tell Judge Huvelle right up front that [Foster's death] is
a murder case, and the OIC knew it and covered it up," said attorney John
Clarke, who is representing Washington-based Accuracy In Media in a request
for documents under the Freedom of Information Act.

"We have overwhelming evidence of a cover-up," he added.

AIM has been following the Foster case since 1994, but has not been
involved in any legal action until it retained Clarke to file FOIA requests
on its behalf.

"We're hoping Judge Huvelle will rule in our favor that there is compelling
evidence of illegal activity," explained Clarke. "We want certain
documents, but these are being withheld under an exemption to the FOIA,
under which a court is required to do a balancing test between the issues
of personal invasion of privacy and the advantage to the public knowledge.
But the court doesn't have to do a balancing act unless there is compelling
evidence of illegal activity."

Judge Huvelle granted Clarke one hour in which to present his evidence,
which he will do using Microsoft PowerPoint on a computer to present
several hundred pages of documents. The OIC will have an hour to present a
rebuttal to convince the judge not to grant AIM's FOIA request.

Clarke is no newcomer to the issue. As reported by WorldNetDaily, in 1999
he represented Kenneth Starr grand jury witness Patrick Knowlton in an
attempt to attach a 511-page report by Knowlton as an amendment to the
Interim Report, or the "Starr Report," on the investigation of Foster's
death, which was released in 1997. Knowlton's report was a point-by-point
analysis and refutation of the 114-page Starr Report. Among its many
startling findings was evidence that the so-called suicide was, in fact,
the work of a professional hitman.

A three-judge panel in Sept. 1999 agreed to unseal Knowlton's report,
thereby making it public, but at the same time refused his request that it
be attached to the Starr Report.

"When we filed our 511-page report with the court, nobody read it; it was
never litigated," Clarke recalled. "I filed it in so many courts, and no
one would adjudicate it. Nobody would say either yes or no, this proves a
cover-up or it doesn't. They just stayed away from it under various
excuses. No judge would give me a hearing on it; no judge would let me
present the evidence."

Though the evidence to be presented to Huvelle includes much of what was in
the earlier Knowlton Report, a great deal more documentation has been
uncovered, said Clarke.

"We've obtained a lot of documentation from the defendant  the OIC  during
the course of this suit," he explained, "so we have a lot more, and we're
concentrating on the newer material. We have a lot more than we have in
that 500-page report."

According to Clarke, the new evidence regards the autopsy, the evidence of
a bullet wound in the neck and ownership of the gun, "among other things."

"For instance," he said, "we'll be covering the fact that Foster's car
wasn't there when he was dead, that is, he was dead before his car arrived.
That's another of the things we will prove."

The hearing is open to the public and will be conducted at the U.S.
District Court in Washington, D.C., at Third and Constitution Ave.,
beginning at 2:00 p.m. Thursday.

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

   FROM THE DESK OF:

           *Michael Spitzer* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>