My friend from Malaysia has this to say on the excerpt I sent him:

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 12:07 PM
Subject: Heavy metal fans

Greetings
This group is not so dangerous as the paper wrote.
These young students are after the music.
The government uncovered another group the fanatic Malaysian Muslim group that boomed the Malaysian embassy in Jakarta,Indonesia. This group is more in the state of Perak in which state I live.
During this time another matter raised which shocked the nation.VCD, CD and video tapes of phonograph was found to be selling in open market.A school boy was caught having oral sex with another student in his bag was found a CD too.A number of students were found to be watching phonograph in the houses when the parents are out at work.They also pass Cd to other students.This is the very hot new here in Malaysia at this moment.