-Caveat Lector-

LOL, Edward!  I feel the same way but only in a figurative manner.
I must be getting old or something for I just do not have the heart
for bombing people into the stone age when they are already there.
And I am weary of the Oil Wars like the Gulf and all the Balkans.
The trouble is in part our behavior and in part this particular
group that did this.  I would have no qualms about seeing them
brought to justice, briskly!  And Israel is only our friend for
what she can get.  Sharon called a press conference and spoke for
all of 45 seconds.  That is how long it took him to express his
grief.  I do not think we should support Israel in clobbering the
Palestinians.  I do not  think we should starve Iraqi children or
be a bully anywhere in the world.

Maybe isolationism has its merits.  Build up a huge defense and
keep it all to ourselves along with everything else.  Since it now
appears we trained the pilots at Embry Riddle in Florida, do we
bomb
ourselves?  They are now roughing up Arab Americans an calling them
names.  If I lost a love done in the towers, I might want to do
that too.  But lots of them were born here just as we were. They
are innocent an American, too. Especially the kids who have never
known anything else. If we bomb the Afghans, then they will just
hate us and start plotting what they can do.

While people want decisive action, determination, etc.  I wish we
would just take a couple of weeks to think this over before
reacting.  It might prevent doing something for which later we
would be sorry but it would be too late.  Maybe some wise statesman
will come forward with a better solution.  I wonder if anybody will
ever ask the hijackers why they did it.  How about if we give you
10 minutes alone with whomever did it when we catch them with a
whip, a club and an electric shocker?  Also all the families get 30
minutes.  Then innocent people would not suffer.  Would that work?

Now they have a gas leak and there is a danger of more surrounding
buildings collapsing. And as Nessie said, how do we ever know when
this is over?  It will be a long, long time before we feel this can
never happen here again, if ever.

~Amelia~