-Caveat Lector-

Greetings All:

I want to start this e-mail by personally taking this opportunity to
offer my condolences to the friends and family of those that were
lost this week.  I will never forget those that were taken from us,
and I'm sure no one else in this country now, or that may be born
into this country in the future, will either.

I am sending this letter out to some 62,000 people that are on our
mail lists, as well as posting it on our website, in hopes of
preventing some problems that I see arising out of this tragedy.
While these issues are minor compared to others that our country are
facing now, I still think it's important that they be addressed.

1.  Americans are giving people, especially in times of crises.
Sadly, there are those that seek to prey on this.  I want to urge
each of you NOT to donate to relief funds via links that you receive
from e-mails.  We have gotten and confirmed several reports of people
sending out spam with links to paypal and other such services, that
are not in any way affiliated with a disaster relief organization.
AntiOnline is working on tracking down the identity of many of these
individuals, and will turn them over to the appropriate agencies once
we have completed our work.  So please, if you wish to donate to the
relief fund online, I suggest visiting Amazon's Official Online
Disaster Relief Fund Site at http://www.amazon.com/

2.  In times like this, teenagers and others often are left feeling
helpless.  They want, like the rest of us, to strike out at those
that have attacked our nation.  We have gotten dozens of e-mails from
people that are trying to start "hack Afghanistan, Iraq, etc."
movements.  I have been asked by the authorities to urge each of you
NOT to partake in such actions.  This will do nothing to help those
that have been lost, or to punish those that are responsible.  Your
duty as a citizen of this country is to let the proper authorities
handle this matter.  The US Department of Defense and Federal Bureau
of Investigation are acting under the direction of the President, and
are the ones best trained and equipped to deal with this situation.
Any actions that you take on your own, may simply hinder their
ability to do the jobs that they need to be doing now.  If you want
to show your support, donate blood, make a financial donation to the
red cross, hang a flag, or spend some time to comfort those in your
community that may have suffered a loss.

3.  I am aware that there is a "Jam Echelon" day scheduled for next
month.  I would like to urge the organizers of that event to cancel
it.  While I am confident that such events have no effect over our
nation's intelligence gathering ability, I feel that at times like
this we should be united in support for our country.  "Jam Echelon
Day" would send a wrong message to the international community about
how the citizens of this country view their government.

Once again, my deepest sympathy to those who have personally lost
someone in this incident, and to each one of us, who are all feeling
your pain.

If you find other examples of online crimes being committed as a
result of this tragedy, or have questions related to online crime,
please feel free to contact us, or visit our discussion boards at
http://www.antionline.com/index.php?action=forums

Yours in CyberSpace,
John Vranesevich
Founder, AntiOnline

AntiOnline MailList Addresses:
  Post message: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Subscribe:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  List owner:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit Us Online:
  http://www.AntiOnline.com
The Internet's Information Security Super Center!