aggregating these applications, you'd better have Windows."

From: CNN

An Open Letter to Readers

Many of you have written over the past several months asking what has
happened to me, and why Boycott Microsoft has been left in such a neglected
state, after so much obsessive attention was paid to it over so many years.
I have tried to reply personally to these questions, but know I have not
always been able to do so. Please accept my apologies -- I did not mean to
leave anyone in the dark.

No, I am happy to report, I have not fallen prey to the "dark side." I
appreciate your interest and concern, and I am otherwise well.

A great many reasons could be stated for allowing Boycott Microsoft to fall
into suspended animation, but the most salient is that my life has become
unmanageably busy over the last year or so. I'm sure many of you can
identify with the phenomenon of ever-growing responsibilities and
ever-shrinking time. Something had to go, I decided, and Boycott Microsoft,
as one of the principal drains on my time, energy and resources for many
years, was the most expendable.

Also, I'd had for some time been harboring the suspicion that the crying
need for a effort of this kind was passing. Boycott Microsoft was begun in
the days when critiquing Microsoft was not regarded as a legitimate form of
free expression, and media critics were nearly nonexistent.

Alas, with the filing of the antitrust suit, the Microsoft critic bandwagon
became mighty crowded in a big hurry. We now find media pundits left and
right saying what we better-informed people have known for years -- that
Microsoft is not a company we can trust with our technological future.
Welcome to the front lines, ladies and gentlemen -- the shock troops are
delighted to see the reinforcements.

This is not to say that grassroots efforts like Boycott Microsoft have
necessarily been crowded out. In fact, obtaining the attention of the
traditional "forces that be" in our culture suggests a victory of
considerable scope. And, even though the next phase of this conflict is
more complex, and has been largely turned over to the forces of the media,
government and the markets, we still owe it to ourselves to vote wisely
with our dollars and to speak our minds on issues of import. This is, as
always, where the rubber hits the road.

Speaking for voting with dollars, I should also mention that although I
have fallen unforgivably behind, I have not forgotten your bumper sticker
orders. These have been backordered for some time, and I'm now sitting on
quite a backlog. Rest assured that nobody's check will be cashed until I
ship, and everyone will get more then they ordered when I finally get this
burden unloaded.

Thanks again, as always, for your patience, you support, your assistance
and your help.

Regards,

Mitch Stone

Editor/Publisher

07 October 00

Bill Gates is worth $97 billion. Ninety-seven billion, that is equal to the
net worth of 120 million Americans. How did he get that rich? He ain't that
smart.

MICHAEL MOORE, Film Maker

 ©1999 Moral Highground Productions

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT