As Samantha (what a pretty name!!) said...let the game of "strip us of civil liberties" begin!!! <Problem-Reaction-Soultion>
Bill.

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2812463,00.html?chkpt=zdnnp1tp02

Senator calls for encryption crackdown

By Wendy McAuliffe
September 14, 2001 11:33 AM PT

The horror of Tuesday's coordinated attacks on the commercial and military centers of America has prompted the U.S. Congress to call for a global ban on "uncrackable" encryption products.

Speaking in the U.S. Senate on Thursday, Senator Judd Gregg proposed tighter restrictions on software that scrambles electronic data and often hinders a government's ability to obtain valuable criminal intelligence.

"This is something that we need international cooperation on, and we need to have movement in order to get the information that allows us to anticipate and prevent what occurred in New York and in Washington," said Gregg, according to a report obtained by Wired.com.

Reports this week have suggested that the FBI believes sophisticated encryption techniques were used to coordinate the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.