-Caveat Lector-

Dear list,

Before I discuss this topic, I want to say that I feel horrible about the
loss of life and badly for those that knew the people involved. I believe
that senseless violence is a horrible thing.

But, I think it is important to know that the U.S. is also at times a
terrorist.

from http://www.msnbc.com/news/190144.asp

"Bin Laden comes home to roost - His CIA ties are only the beginning of a
woeful story By Michael Moran MSNBC

NEW YORK, Aug. 24, 1998 —  At the CIA, it happens often enough to have a code
name: Blowback. Simply defined, this is the term that describes an agent, an
operative or an operation that has turned on its creators. Osama bin Laden,
our new public enemy Number 1, is the personification of blowback. And the
fact that he is viewed as a hero by millions in the Islamic world proves
again the old adage: Reap what you sow....

So bin Laden, along with a small group of Islamic militants from Egypt,
Pakistan, Lebanon, Syria and Palestinian refugee camps all over the Middle
East, became the
"reliable" partners of the CIA in its war against Moscow."

There are many examples in recent history, but a well known one is the US
support of the contras by the US in Nicaragua, a terrorist based group funded
by us, with little or no popular support against a democratically elected
government

Also, the fear produced by this attack can be used to manipulate our minds
and reason. This is shown in polls, like those that are finding Pres. Bush
all of a sudden has an approval rating of 85 or so percent. A President that
did not win the election (did not receive the majority of votes, many
consider it a rigged election.)

Emotional Manipulation
Sometimes it is important to look at the argument(s) with as little emotion
as possible, and try to see the facts only.
    From http://carmen.artsci. washington.edu/propaganda/fear.htm, "...there
are four elements to a successful fear appeal: 1) a threat, 2) a specific
recommendation about how the audience should behave, 3) audience perception
that the recommendation will be effective in addressing the threat, and 4)
audience perception that they are capable of performing the recommended
behavior." Groups may also use these techniques on their members.  They may
say, "If you don't do this, then the world will end, we will close our doors,
etc."

The threat is an attack to the US.  The recommendation is to approve of the
president, start a war or possibly bomb civilians. This will (supposedly)
stop this from happening again (which unfortunately isn't true).

I hope people will be able to look at all the facts as clearly and as calmly
as possible and realize that mind control is occurring in this country,
similar to that which occurs in cults.

Sincerely,  Neil Brick