Benjamin Netanyahu (sp?) this morning at the security meeting read from a cable that anyone doing this celebrations would be shot as well as those reporting it.  There are reports from AP that they have been threatened and their "lives cannot be guaranteed" if their photographs of this happening are aired.  So, who you gonna believe?
Amelia
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 9:57 AM
Subject: [CTRL] Those Celebrating Palestinians? That was video from 1991!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.davidicke.com/icke/index1c.html

CNN using 1991 footage of Palestinians
celebrating the invasion of Kuwait

Brazil

By Márcio A. V. Carvalho

All around the world we are subjected to 3 or 4 huge news distributors, and one of them - as you well know - is CNN. Very well, I guess all of you have been seeing (just as I've been) images from this company. In particular, one set of images called my attention: the Palestinians celebrating the bombing, out on the streets, eating some cake and making funny faces for the camera.

Well, those images were shot back in 1991. Those are images of Palestinians celebrating the invasion of Kuwait! It's simply unacceptable that a super-power of communications as CNN uses images which do not correspond to the reality in talking about so serious an issue.