-Caveat Lector-

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [EMMAS] Afghanistan News Blackout ?? (Fwd)
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 01:52:01 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Craig Gingold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

I consider the author of this post to be reliable. Perhaps we are seeing
the initial stage of cyber-warfare going into operation here.

Craig Gingold
Midpines CA

From:                   "fragilethunder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                [HD] Afghanistan News Blackout
Date sent:              Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:03:51 -0700

Hopedancers,
I have been trying to get a news service from Afghanistan for over an
hour. I have conducted several searches through all the common search
engines.  I have been able to open only a couple of websites that are even
"about" afghanistan, but all the links to any website which has news
service based out of Afghanistan its self are dead.  I have tried about 12
links to Afghan news and all, each and every one of them are dead, one of
them is the Official site of the Afghanistan Taliban Government, and it
has a message from the swerver which says the site is temporarily
unavailable, and it also says, " if you are the owner of this site, please
call, ...(and has a number)".  Is there a complete internet blackout on
all news sites based in Afghanistan?  Can anyone else get news from that
country?  Pakistan and UAE and all other middle eastern nations news
services are working fine.

Dia