Does it really make any difference if bin Laden was responsible for the killing or not?

He is the sworn enemy of all Americans, which makes me his enemy. Should the occasion present itself, knowing he wants me dead, I would have to defend myself and kill him or his allies.

So why is there any disagreement about going after him, even if it is true, as many say, that U.S. foreign policy, supporting terrorism by enemies of Islam, is an underlying cause of the events of Sept. 11? Even the Muslims must understand that self-defense is universally accepted.