To answer your question, I do not see any "treachery" in Bush so I can't answer you accurately.  What is his "treachery"?

Thanks for answering my questions.  I don't agree with most of  what you say.  I don't find objective indication/evidence that "Many of the rich got millions in tax relief" and feel this is an irresponsible statement.  If you have objective evidence, please provide it.  Also, so what if rich people or if coporations got tax relief?  What is wrong with that?

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 10:39 AM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] Anti-Bush Attacks [was Bush will get us into a war]

-Caveat Lector-

On 18 Sep 01, at 10:14, foxter wrote:

> First.
> What is your evidence to say Bush "put us in an 'even worse' position financially"?  Seems like just your opinion to me, without
> facts.

Before the tax cut and economic slowdown, we had a surplus. A week ago
we were going to have to borrow 9 Billion dollars from the social security
fund. Now we have had to spend $40 Billion more due to the attack and we
are going to war. What more evidence do you need (unless you think deficit
spending is good for the country.) It used to be the Republicans were calling
for the 'evil Democrats' to balance the budget. Not anymore. They are the big
spenders now, including their push for the New Star Wars, which will be
extremely costly.

> Second.
> What is your evidence to insinuate that Bush was not as "concerned with foreign affairs" and "cooperating with our allies"?

That was certainly the general consenus. He is for breaking the ABM treaty,
breaking the ban on underground nuclear tests, and against the Kyoto
protocol, all actions which our allies strongly oppose.

> Third.
> What is your evidence that Bush is concerned with getting a tax cut for the rich?   I just got my tax refund in the mail, did not
> know I was rich.

The vast majority of the tax cut went to the rich. You got your little $300 check,
an advance subtracted from your 2001 refund, enough for a couple of new
tires or maybe a golf club, so you're quite happy! Many of the rich got millions
in tax relief.  All of us will continue to pay huge interest payments on the
massive debt which was created by Reagans stupid tax cut, a legacy that
Bush seems quite content to leave us with as well.

No, I do not think much of Bush, even if we are going to war. Why should I like
him and support his treachery? Why do you?

Steve

Steve

Steve Wingate, Webmaster
ANOMALOUS IMAGES AND UFO FILES
http://www.anomalous-images.com

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance-not soap-boxing-please!  These are
sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'-with its many half-truths, mis-
directions and outright frauds-is used politically by different groups with