-Caveat Lector-

> IN other words, the real ex owners, the bank, Chase Manhattan, CITIBANK,
> which is really the IMF...are off the hook. They got their payoff and
> are out of it. These new people don't LOSE money, they have 99 years to
> make money after they rebuild.
>
> My comment is jeez, If they'd only told us earlier, that the IMF was no
> longer the landlord, MAYYYYYBE we'd have gotten OUR kid off whatever
> floor!

The buildings were still a symbol of World trade, regardless of who the
landlords are. It was not bombed because of who owned it, but because of
what it was.

>THEY damn well KNEW it was coming. Ben Chambers, of 47th floor
> said  in PEOPLE MAGAZINE today "last few weeks they've been making us
> have ESCAPE DRILLS!" SOMEBODY UPSTAIRS KNEW!

actually there had been several reported bomb threats over the last few
weeks. It was in the news.

> So, to sum this up, no big IMF or NYC bank was left holding the bag, the
> new lessors (who bought a pig in a poke) saved a few billion tearing the
> old ratty thing down for free and cheap.

it was not ratty in the least. It was well constructed enough to stay
standing while 10's of thousands evacuated.

>It was a firetrap and they knew
> it, shafts and stairwells carried heat.

and what building wouldn't with gallons and gallons and gallons of jet fuels
splashing through it?

> NOBODY CARED what terrorists
> were going to DO to this bldg.

they did not buy it to tear it down. they bought it to make money with it.

> It hadn't been owned by IMF city bank and
> CHASE MANHATTAN for several WEEKS! The new lessors can collect and
> rebuild. Hey, BAD TIMING TERRORISTS. You just gave the BUSH OIL COMPANY
> and its KUWAIT and SAUDI chums just the spectacular HORROR SHOW that
> they always wanted! WTC HARBOR! THE WHOLE MIDDLE EAST ON A PLATE as the
> spoils of a long and costly (let me rephrase that) CHEAP war. Cheap cuz
> they own the pentagon and the war toy companies so they make bux there
> and your son's life is real cheap. Army boys get what, a 100$ a week?
>
> So citizens of the USA? How do you spell SHAFT? The people always get
> the gov they deserve! We who let FLORIDA VOTE HIM IN deserve him. We
> who drive gas guzzlers deserved BUSH and OIL PREXY. Just a month ago,
> KUWAIT AND THE BUSH HOUSTON OIL COMPANIES all merged. Want that current
> event sent you by me?
>
> Someone should get Ed Begley and all the celeb visionaries to impeach
> THE GAS CAR and give us a clean air world. No cancer for your grandkids.
> We had such great AIR in LA the four days jets didn't fly. Maybe we can
> run airplanes on something other than fossil fuel, too.

"It is not the function of our government to keep the
citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen
to keep the government from falling into error."

                             Justice Robert H. Jackson

NEURONAUTIC INSTITUTE on-line: http://home.earthlink.net/~thew