-Caveat Lector-

"kcaj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> It's time to "root out" all these idiots completely from any
> government position as we find and destroy terrorism. They are part of
> the problem, if not the biggest problem.
>
> http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/9/30/193757.shtml

More CIA Revelations – Political Correctness Kills
Christopher Ruddy
Monday, Oct. 1, 2001
When former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the infamy of
Sept. 11 a "wake-up call from hell," he meant just that. His
characterization demands repeating again – and again – because worse than
Sept. 11 will happen unless we heed the call.
I am not so sure the commissars of political correctness, which so dominates
our media, our government bureaucracies and other institutions, are willing
to unshackle the will of the American people and allow us to destroy the
terrorists and the nations that back them.

President Bush has done a remarkable job – especially in light of the hand
he inherited from the previous administration. It is also important to
remember that a hidden problem for the Bush administration is that the U.S.
government, including our Pentagon, CIA and other agencies, is still largely
run by appointees of Clinton-Gore or the career military and bureaucrats
Clinton-Gore promoted through the ranks.

The same people who left us vulnerable to the acts of Sept. 11 are now
claiming they will solve our future problems.

I believe long-term good will come out of this catastrophe only if we learn
from the events of Sept. 11, hold accountable the people in our government
who failed us, and make necessary reforms.

If we do not do this, it is doubtful we will exist as a great nation 10
years hence.

We should also heed the Roman statesman Cicero, who remarked that great
nations are destroyed not from the barbarians outside but from the civilized
people within.

The logic of this is simple: There will always be barbarians outside the
gates. It is up to us to have the character and strength and will to defend
against them.

Before Sept. 11, P.C. thinking taught us that nothing we do matters;
character didn't count. It was the Age of Clinton. After Sept. 11, the
overriding lesson is that everything we do counts; character does matter.

Even the liberal Boston Globe recognized this. Breaking from the P.C. crowd,
it reported that Clinton's sexcapades and scandals detracted from his
ability to focus on hunting down Osama bin Laden. That story got almost zero
national press coverage.

And the Globe and many media still haven't talked much about what happened
at the CIA.

Political Correctness Ruined the CIA

Our loyal readers will remember that NewsMax broke the story, within hours
of the attacks, about how P.C. thinking by Clinton and Sen. Torricelli had
prevented the CIA and its many patriotic members from doing their jobs. (See
CIA Officials Reveal What Went Wrong – Clinton to Blame and Sen. Torricelli
Played Key Role in Closing Down CIA Ops.)

The CIA was effectively banned from recruiting unsavory characters to
penetrate terrorist cells.

But that was just a small part of how P.C. thinking has undermined America
and the CIA.

During the past decade, the CIA has been twisted from an
intelligence-gathering organization with a mission to protect America and
her citizens – and turned into a model of political correctness.

Under Clinton, the CIA was told to stop focusing on spying and start
focusing on P.C. agenda items like global warming.

Worse, the CIA staff was to become a model of P.C. ideology.

One analyst retired in disgust after the agency had appointed a person to
become a lead analyst for a particular country.

This person was qualified because she was black, a female, and had graduated
from an Ivy League college with a high GPA. The CIA was not concerned that
the young woman did not speak the language of the country she was to
analyze, nor had she ever visited the country.

She did prove, however, that the CIA was diverse.

Diversity Defined the CIA

As anyone who worked at the CIA can tell you, "diversity" was the buzzword
that animated the agency during the Clinton years. Diversity was the mission
and the goal.

A CIA operative close to the Middle East told me that the agency was even
placing women in countries like Islamic ones, where the culture does not
view women progressively.

While this policy demonstrated the agency’s commitment to diversity, it
effectively cut its female operative out of any serious interaction with the
host country's political and military establishment.

P.C. thinking dominated all the activities of the agency. CIA employees were
regularly hit with a barrage of Orwellian P.C. workshops and literature
explaining how they needed to be ... well, sensitive and open to diversity.

One analyst, still a CIA employee, told me about one CIA sensitivity
training seminar he had to sit through. The presenter, an expert in
diversity, gave a Powerpoint presentation on the benefits of diversity.

One slide showed an American Indian sitting on the ground working with
beads. The presenter explained: "American Indians have a long tradition
working with beads. They are good with beads, and they have, in modern
times, become good working with wires."

Another slide showed an African-American professional sitting at an office
cubicle on the phone. The presenter explained: "African-Americans are
particularly sensitive to being interrupted while on the phone. You should
avoid doing this."

As the analyst explained, "They were creating new stereotypes as they were
complaining about old ones." The CIA had become the Central Intelligence
Agency for Diversity.

How sad. How dangerous.

No wonder that, with an annual budget of $60 billion, the CIA had no
warning, no informant in the Sept. 11 network that several experts say must
have numbered 300 people working in several countries.

Commissars Won't Heed Wake-up Call

I could swallow the government's failures of Sept. 11 if we heeded the
wake-up call, exposed the problems of P.C. thinking at the CIA and
elsewhere, and made reforms.

But the commissars of political correctness that control the major media
will have none of it. Consider how there has been practically no criticism
by the major networks of President Clinton's stewardship of our national
security agencies.

The same commissars who were, in the middle of this horrific crisis,
attacking President Bush will not utter any criticism of Bill Clinton.

In fact, Clinton was actually being praised! NBC’s Andrea Mitchell, Alan
Greenspan's wife, was on-air spewing her venom for Bush, complaining that he
was not, like Bill Clinton, a "Comforter in Chief." You see, according to
P.C. thinking, Bush's desire to stay up in Air Force One to ensure the
continuity of government was less important than going to New York to cry,
hold hands and show how we "feel."

Criticism of Clinton is taboo precisely because the major media know that
criticism of him is criticism of them. They supported him and the bizarre
P.C. thinking that has possessed them and brought us to the point of Sept.
11.

So, instead of heeding the "wake-up call," the P.C. commissars in the media
are continuing to play old tricks.

Within hours of the attacks, I heard P.C. anchors and commentators spinning
that these events proved America does not need missile defense. Don't they
care that the very same countries behind the terrorists are feverishly
building and developing long-range missiles capable of hitting many American
cities at once?

No, the commissars never lose an opportunity to spin.

The 'Evils' of Profiling, Arming Pilots

Consider, since the attacks of Sept. 11, how many stories you've seen about
the horrors of profiling – and how evil it is for authorities to be checking
Arab-Americans more carefully at airports.

Forgive me, but doesn't common sense dictate that when 19 Arab men, all in a
certain age bracket, just hijacked four jet planes and just killed around
7,000 people, that it would be reasonable to check people who fit that
profile a bit more carefully? Wouldn't patriotic Arab-Americans be glad for
such a policy because it assures their safety as well? If I was an Arab, I
would be happy I was being checked.

Perhaps the most egregious evidence of P.C. thinking that has invaded our
government was the U.S. government's failure after Sept. 11 to either a)
immediately arm pilots in the cockpits or b) call out the National Guard to
fly armed on all flights until a sky marshal program could be implemented.

Instead we dithered. The country's economy has been allowed to fall off a
cliff. And the FAA says airlines are safe at the very same time Reagan
National remains closed and we read reports on the military's plans to shoot
down hijacked civilian jets.

But we can't arm the pilots – God forbid!

Even when the head of the pilots association goes before Congress to say
that planes are not safe, that the pilots need guns, the media play the
story as an extreme measure.

The media commissars would have none of it, even if arming pilots was an
appropriate measure that would have immediately instilled confidence in the
public to fly.

Instead, the media gave a lot of air time to Patricia Friend, president of
the Association of Flight Attendants. She told Congress she opposed arming
pilots.

Hearing her, I was left wondering if she was awake on Sept. 11. Did she also
think the planes were a place for box cutters of the type used to slit the
throats of her members?

Then I realized that Patricia Friend was a P.C. robot.

Since her first anti-gun comments, Friend has modified her position,
probably after her shaken membership sent her a wake-up call of their own.

By week's end, Friend was saying that pilots shouldn't be allowed to carry
guns, that instead flight attendants should be armed with "stun guns," which
she called "the weapon of choice."

Friend must have thought it outrageous and in contravention to all P.C.
theology that the pilots (mostly males) would be armed but the attendants
(mostly female) would not be.

Of course, any sane person realizes that giving flight attendants any sort
of gun would be like giving it directly to potential hijackers. Would you
want to fly on an airline that armed the stewardesses with stun guns?

In the wake of Sept. 11, can’t we see the danger of political correctness
and how it has crippled this great nation?

Aren't our potential enemies, bigger than Osama and with weapons capable of
destroying every major city in America, watching carefully our response to
Sept. 11?

Do you believe our enemies have been encouraged or discouraged that the
government, the media and the victimized airline stewardesses don't want to
arm pilots even after living through Sept. 11?

If you dig a bit deeper, you will realize how P.C. thinking and its
commissars got us into the mess of Sept. 11 and what troubles lie ahead.

America must break its P.C. chains soon to ensure that the barbarians don't
destroy us.