-Caveat Lector-

France: On 29 September 2001 at least 15,000 protesters marched in
opposition to locating unsafe factories within Toulouse city limits after
29 people were killed last week in a chemical plant explosion in the city.

Anyone hear about the small bomb in McDonald's Istanbul on the 28th ?

A few other explosions today (Oct 1) include a a car bomb exploded in the
Basque capital of Vitoria, Spain (chief suspect ETA); a car bomb exploded
in a residential area along Bethlehem Road in Jerusalem (responsibility
claimed by Islamic Jihad; separatist rebels attacked the state legislature
building in Srinagar, Kashmir. Dressed in police uniforms, a group entered
the state capitol building and opened fire on security forces after
another drove a vehicle up to the building and detonated a  bomb;
government workers found a jacket rigged with an explosive device
alongside a road in Colombo, Sri Lanka (Police officials stated that
it is the same type of device that Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
suicide bombers use when conducting attacks. They speculated that members
of the LTTE may have planted the bomb for a suicide bomber to pick up at a
later time in order to stage an attack in the capital).

TD.