-Caveat Lector-

Well...let's see now.
President Bush sez there is a "vast global
conspiracy".
Hillary Clinton said a couple years ago that there
is "a vast right-wing conspiracy" (out to get Bill and
her)....so, unless both of these intelligent and
prominent people are both paranoid conspiracy
wackos...then we have to consider the possibility that
"vast conspiracies" can and do exist.
This is a sad day indeed for those who believe in
"Lone Nut" theories.
What we need is an official government commission to
investigate the tragic events of 9-11. I am confident
they could conclude that this was all accomplished
by a single "Lone Nut". The question of how one
person could hijack and fly four airliners at the
same time could be explained by Senator Arlen Spectre.
(the inventor of the Single Bullet Theory).
Simple....it was one hijacker with multiple
personalities!
For my part, I think that the attacks on 9-11 must
have
been the deranged act of just one lone nut acting all
by himself....same as Oswald and McVeigh.
   Regards to All
     Nakano

10/20/01) -- U.S. president George
W. Bush is calling the Sept. 11th terror attacks on
the World Trade Center and the Pentagon a "vast,
global conspiracy." But less paranoid observers
scoff at the notion.

"This is a common American reaction to what are in
reality merely random events," stated professor G.
Steadfast of Oberlin college. "President Bush is
exhibiting paranoid symptoms, part of what I call 'the
paranoid style' in American politics."

Author Gerald Poser concurs: "What you have on
September 11th is just three, random, lone nuts, who
simultaneously hijacked planes. Because of the chance
synchronicity of the events, which according to Chaos
Theory, *can* happen, president Bush has jumped to
paranoid conclusions. Case closed."

But conspiracy theorists throughout the world,
drinking gallons of coffee and with tired eyes glued
to Internet late at night, aren't so sure. Some even
venture beyond what president Bush has said. "I see an
evil man with a towel wrapped around his head, sitting
in a cave, as being the ultimate mastermind of the
plot," said one of these caffeinated theorists.

Chirp Ballet, noted writer, laughs at the multiplying
theories born from president Bush's original theory.
"Of course,there are no conspiracies," he chuckled.
"But beware of the crypto-fascists," he
added, as an afterthought.

Also dismissing notions of a "conspiracy" behind the
Sept. 11 terror attacks is Umberto Eco, author of
"Foucault's Pendulum." Eco offered
his own scholarly perspective on the Bush conspiracy
theory: "Ever since Nietzche dethroned God, with his
statement 'God is dead,' there has been a 'God
vacuum.' People such as president Bush seek to fill
that void by creating a new 'God,' in the form of a
vast conspiracy," he proselytized. "Hence, Mr. Bush
*needs* to see a 'vast conspiracy,' as
security blanket against God's demise."

But president Bush is adamant. "The attacks on the
World Trade Center and the Pentagon were the acts of
crazed assassins, coordinated by the Devil," he
insisted.

And, Bush adds, "What about that fourth plane that
crashed in Pennsylvania?"

"Merely a random event, allowable in the framework of
Chaos Theory," responded Poser.

http://personals.yahoo.com