Date sent: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:32:46 +0100
To: Le Monde diplomatique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Le Monde diplomatique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Le Monde diplomatique: A SPECIAL OFFER

Dear reader,

Our suddenly-changed world has changed minds: it has made
them receptive to new sources of information and opinion.
Many of you have written to tell us that you value
independent and in-depth analysis of current global events.

Your growing need for quality journalism from a different
perspective has resulted in a 25% increase in subscriptions
to our English language internet edition of Le Monde
diplomatique. There has also been an impressive 75% increase
in those of you who request our monthly summaries and free
articles. We hope that we will soon be able to welcome you
as full subscribers: as subscribers you get access to all
our articles, and to our archives back to 1997 (and our deep
background is very deep). Your support would also help us to
consolidate our English language edition, which is young and
struggling to be financially viable in a tough journalistic
environment.

All this new interest, including, we hope, yours, is a
challenge, which we are meeting with our editorial and
technical best. We have already upgraded our servers and
will continue to improve our interactive service. We will
shortly be able to offer IP-based access for institutions
(at 200 dollars a year for a site licence; 1,000 dollars for
a world licence). For our normal institutional subscribers
the price is still 48 dollars, and for our individual
subscribers the price remains firmly pegged at 24 dollars.

And now we have a special offer - it's our first: all new
subscriptions until the end of the year will receive three
extra months free. Think about joining us in time for our
November issue out this week!

Subscribing couldn't be easier - just log on at
http://www.en.monde-diplomatique.fr/

Thank you for your support and curiosity,

The Le Monde diplomatique English team

There is an English print edition of Le Monde diplomatique
available as an add-on supplement to subscribers to The
Guardian Weekly, the international edition of the London
newspaper. For prices and other information:
http://www.en.monde-diplomatique.fr/0000/00/guardian

For other enquiries, please write to us at:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.
Let us please be civil and as always, Caveat Lector. ======================================================================== Archives Available at: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html Archives of [EMAIL PROTECTED]