-Caveat Lector-

after the first week or so of bombing, the Taliban
foreign minister asked for a two-day ceasefire so his
government could find bin Laden and hand him over to a
third country. Bush said no.
http://www.progressive.org/webex/wx102701.html

The Office of Scientific Intelligence (OSI), which
studied scientific advances by hostile powers,
initially led BLUEBIRD/ARTICHOKE efforts. In 1952,
overall responsibility for ARTICHOKE was transferred
from OSI to the Inspection and Security Office (I&SO),
predecessor to the present Office of Security. The
CIA's Technical Services and Medical Staffs were to be
called upon as needed; OSI would retain liaison
function with other government agencies. [6] The
change in leadership from an intelligence unit to an
operating unit apparently reflected a change in
emphasis; from the study of actions by hostile powers
to the use, both for offensive and defensive purposes,
of special interrogation techniques -- primarily
hypnosis and truth serums.
http://www.parascope.com/ds/documentslibrary/documents/mkultrahearing/mkultraHearingAppendixA.htm

At around 9:15 this morning, a multitude of witnesses
heard an explosion overhead, looked up and saw debris
falling from the sky.....instant spin-control is
unbelievable. When a man called in saying "I saw the
WHOLE thing," there were sudden "technical
difficulties" and we were not allowed to hear what he
had to say.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/duggan2.html

Public Health Expert Says Solving The Anthrax Mailing
Mystery May Be Easy: FBI Doesn't Seem Interested
http://www.tetrahedron.org/news/NR011112.html

Many are properly outraged that families of the
victims of Sept. 11 are not getting the bulk of the
money collected for them by the American Red Cross.
The charitable organization is currently "reassessing"
its decision to put less in its own organizational
pockets and more into the pockets of the ones for whom
the money was ostensibly raised.
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/ct20011113.shtml

Art experts fear a sealed vault will not save a
2,100-year-old hoard of gold which is buried
underneath a Kabul palace.
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_442323.html

Faced with a FOIA lawsuit, the Central Intelligence
Agency recently released an interrogation manual to
the Baltimore Sun that details brutal methods of
extracting information from resistant sources. The
"KUBARK Counterintelligence Interrogation" manual does
more than simply outline various psychological and
physical torture tactics: it demonstrates a real-world
application of the CIA's mind control research and
offers clues on the agency's role in human rights
abuses around the world. This report examines the
historical context of the interrogation manual, the
MKULTRA connection, and the manual itself, presented
here verbatim for the first time online.
http://www.parascope.com/articles/0397/kubarkin.htm

What brought this picture more clearly into focus in
1990 was the recent publication of a book written by
the Emmy award-winning producers of CBS's 60 Minutes,
Monika Jensen-Stevenson and William Stevenson. The
book, Kiss The Boys Goodbye, does not mention the main
characters that played a multi-million dollar drama in
Napa seven years earlier, but it does provide the
missing pieces of a complex puzzle involving
international intrigue, murder, Bankruptcy, money
laundering, covert CIA operations, and the loss of
homes and money in Napa. No, this is not about the
Drug Tug or the LendVest scandal, though they are
indirectly involved and the scenario demonstrates a
parallel pattern to LendVest and the Drug Tug.

More than $100 million from accounts handled by a
World Trade Center brokerage was discovered missing in
the days after the terrorist attack, according to a
lawsuit.

In 1990 I returned to Britain after two years abroad,
and found that I no longer spoke the language. My
difficulty was not with ordinary conversation, but
with public discourse. The rules had changed, and I
could not get the hang of them. I was baffled when a
worker at a fast-food outlet handed me a solitary
carton of milk with a cheery: "Enjoy your meal!" I was
unsure how to respond when bank tellers or supermarket
checkout staff addressed me by name, as though I were
an intimate friend.
http://www.consider.net/forum_new.php3?newTemplate=OpenObject&newTop=200111050017&newDisplayURN=200111050017

Three confidential documents from inside the World
Trade Organization Secretariat and a group of captains
of London finance, who call themselves the "British
Invisibles," reveal the extraordinary secret
entanglement of industry with government in designing
European and American proposals for radical
pro-business changes in WTO rules.

It looks like the media as well as the government are
having an awkward time with writing the screenplay for
the War On Terrorism...producing plot that is
realistic and plausible enough to blur fiction with
reality without disturbing anyone's conscience.

President Bush approved the use of a special military
tribunal Tuesday that could put accused terrorists on
trial faster and in greater secrecy than an ordinary
criminal court. The United States has not convened
such a tribunal since World War II.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/archives/2001/nov/13/111302554.html?fbi+AND+sneak

The White House has assumed vast new powers for
internal repression, establishing by executive order
an Office of Homeland Security that is not subject to
either congressional oversight or any vote on the
personnel appointed to run it. An all-encompassing
political police agency is coming into being, through
the passage of an “anti-terror” law that effectively
amalgamates the FBI and CIA and abolishes the
longstanding separation between overseas spying and
domestic policing.
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/nov2001/coup-n07.shtml

On Wednesday November 7th Terry Donaghoe, an FBI agent
and Steven Smith, a Secret Service agent visited the
“Secret Wars” exhibit at the Art Car Museum in
Houston, Texas. Following is interviews with Donna who
was working when the agents came and Tex who is a
curator at the art car museum.
http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=88850&group=webcast

A conservative academic group founded by Lynne Cheney,
the wife of Vice President Dick Cheney, fired a new
salvo in the culture wars by blasting 40 college
professors as well as the president of Wesleyan
University and others for not showing enough
patriotism in the aftermath of Sept. 11.
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/317/nation/Conservatives_denounce_dissent+.shtml

Until now, supporting the United States in its war
against terrorists has been relatively easy for many
members of the United Nations. But faultlines deepened
in the international coalition this week when
President Bush informed the UN General Assembly that
he intends to take the antiterror campaign beyond
Afghanistan.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/1114/p7s1-wogi.html

Over the last two years, I've discovered documents of
the Defense Intelligence Agency proving beyond a doubt
that, contrary to the Geneva Convention, the U.S.
government intentionally used sanctions against Iraq
to degrade the country's water supply after the Gulf
War. The United States knew the cost that civilian
Iraqis, mostly children, would pay, and it went ahead
anyway.
http://www.theprogressive.org/0801issue/nagy0901.html

=====
As I've often told Ginsberg, you can't blame the President for the state of the
country, it's always the poets' fault.
You can't expect politicians to come up with a vision, they don't have it in them.
Poets have to come up with the vision and they have to turn it on so it sparks and
catches hold.
KEN KESEY (1935 - 2001)

http://www.sinkers.org/news_earth.html

http://personals.yahoo.com