-Caveat Lector-

On 5 Dec 01, at 21:46, Bill Richer wrote:

> Ollie-Osama e-mail myth fools war expert
> Marine colonel, Fox anchor, spread North-bin Laden fable

My response to this:

> In your Ollie Hoax (appropriate at that) you write
>
> > Retired Marine Col. Oliver North
>
> Oliver North was a LIEUTENANT Colonel.  I guess he's got you horn-
> sswagglldded, too, eh, what?  Just like Congress, expecting him to be
> honourable and cooperative?  The facts don't make the man if the man
> can make the "facts" better than they really are.

One thing I have a hard time abiding by is the notion that Ollie was
convicted but slipped out of the noose on a technicality
(leathernecks have, well, strong necks and he held on at the
gallows).  I believe he went through the Naval Academy while they
still made "officers and gentlemen" and as one such, he should have
volunteered to serve his time (Reagan or Bush woulda pardoned him
anyway).  Character, what a character.

A<>E<>R