--- Begin Message ---

Kris,

I like to provide helpful hints to people for methods ... that is the deal behind getting a list of names of companies from Kleiner Perkins and matching it against a database of company names at the Stanford class action site.  People may know of venture capital that went into a certain company, and not realize the class action website, where sometimes the complaints can be revealing and helpful.

Realistically, it would be extraordinarily difficult to find client lists of other venture capital firms.

But it is in "where did the money come from" behind these firms that you find who really benefitted ... often this very same "seeder" would on the other end of the line use a fund and direct certain investments, to benefit themselves in a way that no one can tell they are both "creator" and "an investor who made a killing".  When Kleiner Perkins itself holds share in the company, then whoever is seeding Kleiner Perkins is benefitting, whoever that might be ...

So, we aren't there yet, but we have certainly learned a lot about how this all came to be through the Kleiner Perkins realm - keiretsu.  And that's where Microsoft and Paul G. Allen began all these years ...

--- End Message ---