-Caveat Lector-

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25582

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

WAR ON TERROR
Bush hints at strike outside Afghanistan
'There may be a need to use military troops elsewhere'

By Jon Dougherty
© 2001 WorldNetDaily.com

President Bush has intimated that U.S. troops could be called upon soon to
strike potential terrorist network targets outside of Afghanistan, where
American forces in tangent with local Afghan fighters are currently mopping
up the last vestiges of the ruling Taliban troops.

"Strikes will be incredibly important, and there may be a need to use
military troops elsewhere," Bush said during a Wednesday night interview with
Barbara Walters on ABC's "20-20" program. "And I just want the American
people to know that we're keeping all options on the table."

According to the Taipei Times newspaper, Bush has also recently promised
Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo that the United States would
help combat Abu Sayyaf, a Muslim rebel group that operates in the country's
southern provinces.

The paper said officials inside the Bush administration believe Abu Sayyaf is
connected to Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network.

Also during his ABC interview, which Bush attended with first lady Laura
Bush, the president repeated his call for Iraq to allow international weapons
inspectors back inside the country.

Iraq, Bush administration officials have said, may have had a hand in helping
plan the Sept. 11 attacks, though officials are quick to point out that no
proof has been found implicating Baghdad.

However, Saddam Hussein's regime has been singled out as a potential target
in an expanded anti-terror campaign by the administration, and Bush has
hinted that new strikes could begin once the Afghanistan campaign wound down.

"What people need to know is ... we're going to do our job in Afghanistan
first," he told Walters. "Then we can find other areas ... of opportunity to
rout out terrorism."

"This war on terror is so unconventional that there will be strikes ... that
people may not see until we tell them that there's been a strike," he added.

Jon E. Dougherty is a staff reporter and columnist for WorldNetDaily,

Write to same address to be off lists!