-Caveat Lector-

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Steve wrote:

> Steve Wingate, Webmaster:
>
> Has *anything* gotten any better since Bush has been in office? I can't think
> of a single thing, can you?
>
> Steve
> ------------------------
> "In little more than a year we have
> gone from enjoying peace and the most prosperous economy in our
> history, to a nation plunged into war, recession and fear. This is a
> nation being transformed before our very eyes."
>
> http://www.truthout.com/12.17C.Saudi.Friends.htm

That depends on your point of view and your placement in the society.
Many people are getting richer now, that didn't before. Military,
defence and oil company executives come to my mind at least.

Of course, if you are a lower class working American and have no
government connections, you are in deeper shit than ever before. The
national debt is increasing like crazy and the lower class taxpayers
will have to pay the bill during the years to come. Unemployment is going
rapidly up, as internationals are moving the work to cheap labor countries
such as China.

All that has happened makes me wonder: just how much worse can
the things still get during the remaining years that your prez
is going to be in power? I mean, the guy just started and he's
making a very good pace.

I bet he'll probably name himself the Emperor of the United States
before his term is over, if he continues at this rate.