Note: forwarded message attached.

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com
--- Begin Message --- Israel to Buy 52 More F - 16 Fighters

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 3:24 p.m. ET

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co. said Thursday that
Israel has agreed to buy 52 additional F-16 fighter jets, exercising a $1.3
billion option under a contract signed last year.

Israel ordered 50 of the 2-seat fighters last year and said in June that it
intended to exercise the option for additional planes.

The aeronautics company, a unit of Bethesda, Md.-based Lockheed Martin Corp. said Israel will pay the U.S. government $2 billion for the additional jets, of which Lockheed Martin will get $1.3 billion. The company said the aircraft will be assembled at its Fort Worth plant but airframe and avionics components will be produced in Israel.

The first F-16I -- the I stands for Israel -- is scheduled to be delivered in
2003, the company said. Shares of Lockheed rose 18 cents to $45.89 in
afternoon trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition, is the largest network of grassroots activists dedicated to Palestinian human rights. To subscribe to Al-Awda-News, send a blank message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe, send a blank message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To find out how to join an Al-Awda action committee in your area, please visit our website at http://al-awda.org
FREEZE TERRORIST ASSETS!
STOP US AID TO ISRAEL!
Sign the petition letter online at:
http://al-awda.org/terminate_aid_petition.htm