-Caveat Lector-

***** POC Plans: For BC Election 2005, Political Avatars under
development; For BC Election 2009, Political Avatars run on trial basis;
For Election 2013, Political Avatars with super-human AI online *****

Hello David:

re "conspiracies"...if there aren't people conspiring with multi-billion
dollar budgets to back them up, in secret military and private projects,
to create SHAI's (superhuman AI's) I'll eat my hat. A few years ago the US
military even issued a press release on its evaluation of the best of
these efforts in the public domain. They rated the "Cyc Project" in
Austin, Texas as the best. But even the $50m. spent on Cyc so far is
peanuts compared to the billions the US military could be spending in
secret. For certain this is something they can't ignore. Just think for a
minute what it means if any nation even in COMPETITION with US (forget
"hostile to US") has such technology first! So much for "We are the only
superpower". What if Japan ... or China or ? should make that great leap
forward?

What I am doing with POC is "shadowing" what I think the state-of-the-art
in AI is. Just try to imagine the kind of world this will be when those
Honda Humanoids (which Honda has invested $100m. in to date) are walking
around with SHAI. Now if you disagree with me that at least the ability to
provide such software to the humanoids will exist then, what date would
you assign to this? And does anyone think those working on it are going to
just give away all this invested time and money to the general public? One
of the problems they must be working on now is how to market this SHAI
software with the hardware without having it pirated. Conspiracy? Just
sound business...not showing your hand. So there MUST be a secret/private
AI arms race underway. But what does it mean to the privacy and freedoms
of the average citizen? Maybe Dr. Tomorrow (Frank Ogden) could comment, or
perhaps Jacque Fresco of the Venus Project. I know Jacque thinks
automation and computer technology are advanced far past the
"official" statements about them.

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This was forwarded to me by Eva Lyman.  Dr Horowitz was a guest on INGRAM and there
>is no doubt that his research is controversial but needs to be followed up on. I hate
>conspiracy theories.  However, every time I watch the interaction of my own kids as
>they jostle for position, conspiracy theories make sense. Conspiracies start in the
>school playground when the kids "pick sides" for the baseball game and Jack or Joyce
>end up being picked last.  Jack and Joyce will start planning how to change that roll.
>
> Interestingly, I have always had a fall bronchial problem with no explanation.  Dr
>Howoritz's book pointed out that when I was an 8 year old resident of Winnipeg, The
>US military sprayed cadmium sulfate over Winnipeg two years in a row.  Many people
>have bronchial problems because of this experiment.

When I first read "Clouds of Secrecy" (Professor Cole/Senator Cranston) I
was shocked. Yes, US and Canadian cities were secretly sprayed with
microbes. And people died as a result. That is proven. So we know that the
US military has killed more of its own citizens by secret action than the
terrorists behind the anthrax letters. Kinda makes you wonder how one
would know the difference doesn't it? Several weeks
ago I emailed and postal mailed Defence Minister Eggleton asking if the
Canadian military is doing any high altitude spraying of chemicals or
biological agents over Canadian populations.

BTW, I will hold to my opinion that your excellent TV Show was
"cancelled" as they say on Nikita, because of its controversial
programming, like the interviews with Horowitz and Will Thomas on
Chemtrails. I do not believe the political establishment has respect for a
"democratic society" (as the Canadian Constitution is worded) worth spit.
This country is governed by the plutocrats for the plutocrats.

Just coincidence that Ingram-Show-Past was cancelled the day after you
agreed to interview White-Ogden and Fresco (by remote) on EDD (Electronic
Direct Democracy)?

FWP
(Citizen Wayne)