-Caveat Lector-

rant?

im not the one who turns to personal attacks in this conversation.

I did mean it was a brilliant piece of rhetoric - but argument by analogy is
always flawed.

there is plenty that is fucked up about Israel. I am not one of these
mindless cheerleaders for the place - I'm very critical of it. perhaps with
my family history I'm also sensitive to the topic of what is or is not like
nazism.

but theories have to fit with historical facts.

and the facts in this case are that the British empire deed some of its
lands as a Jewish homeland, for right or for wrong. The historical facts are
that if there had been a Jewish homeland 20 years earlier, the holocaust
could not have happened the way it did. The facts are that "enlightened
countries" like the US and the UK were sending Jewish refugees back to
Germany during the war, because its easier to have someone else execute
Jews, than to accept them into your own anti-Semitic society ( I remind you
that many ads in the classifieds in the US in the 30's would say things like
'Christians only')

-- -- --
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better
than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not
your counsel or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands of those who feed
you. May your chains set lightly upon you.
           Samuel Adams

NEURONAUTIC INSTITUTE on-line: http://home.earthlink.net/~thew