-Caveat Lector-

> I know Chomsky pisses off a lot of people, and challenging the status quo
> tends to do that, but do you know upon what grounds they made this
> accusation? I did a quick search on overthrow.com, from where some of the
> info is cited, but didn't find much about this. Am guessing it might be
> because of his book, Necessary Illusions, in which he exposes the ADL as a
> propoganda tool for Israel. But that was published back in 1989. And
> criticisms of a political group does not a terrorist make.

his response to the attacks has been...."vague". well, that's not true, it's
been very specific but as far as a "condemnation vs. sympathy" black/white
mindset goes it would be very difficult to say whether he has condemned or
remained sympathetic.

i mean, everytime he says something about this he starts off with the
predictable condemnation. the whole "the murder of thousands of innocents is
never justifiable" thing; i'm sure you get the drift. but, he *always*
follows it up with a criticism of us foreign policy or an analogy to past us
crimes or a flatout statement that this is tiny compared to what the us has
done in hiroshima, iraq, serbia, the sudan, nicauragua, etc, etc.

chomsky *is* a genius; he thinks at a level above most. the result is that
what he says is difficult for the average dufus to grasp and may lead to
others drawing false conclusions about him....

so, of course he's not a terrorist. but he is treading on thin ice in
today's overly patriotic, almost mccarthyite, reality....

inri
np:

http://chat.carleton.ca/~jparent2/

"sure, we'll have fascism, but it will come disguised as americanism" - huey
long

"if this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long
as i'm the dictator." - george w. bush