Date sent:              Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:51:05 -0500
To:                     Matthew Gaylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From:                   Matthew Gaylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Canadian Flag Censorship

From: "Carlo Stagnaro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lew Rockwell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Jim Bovard"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Ralph Raico" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Matthew
Gaylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: canadian flag Date: Fri, 18 Jan
2002 14:52:33 +0100

Dear Friends,

A few days ago, Canadian government ordered FORCES Canada to remove
Canadian flag from its website. They said the flag is a trademark of
the government (!). Since no other site has been forced to do it,
many
argue Canadian government legally attacked FORCES
(http://www.forces.org) since it is a pro-right to smoke
organization.
Please find below the incredible story. Hope you find this of
interest.

Best,
carlo

__________________________________

Why do we have a Canadian flag on our site? Here is the incredible
story.

January 9th, 2001 - FORCES Canada receives a phone call from the
Treasury Board/Secretariat Canada. It is demanded to cease and desist
from using thew Canadian flag on the FORCES Canada site, because the
Canadian Government has the trademark on the flag, and it does not
allow citizens to use it. A written comunication on this issue is
required by FORCES Canada.

January 10th - The communication is transmitted via e-mail, as shown
below:

Subj:trademark infringement