-Caveat Lector-

now why would this article refer to mercenaries as
messiahs?  just whose saviors are they?  well if you go to
the website whose url is provided below you will be
afforded the opportunity to join a yahoo group whose gist
is offshore investments...not much extrapolation is
required to come up with the supposition that these mercs
are protecting investors against popular uprisings...
remember that chevron helo used to gun down nigerian
anti-shell activists...hmmm...below it says, "In other
parts of Africa, commercial armies are busy not only in
combating rebel forces, but actively involved in protecting
and mining natural resources."

at the end of this repeat of yesterday's post i have
included the latest installment of "eyes on the world."

--- eric stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -Caveat Lector-
>
> In Britain, where the mercenary business is flourishing,
> the government is also said to be involved in making
> contacts for corrupt regimes. The Punch magazine of 13
> December 1997 reported as follows:
>
> If a country approaches the UK government for training
> teams from the British Army and it's politically dodgy,
> what the Foreign Office does is give out a list of
> Security
> companies that are competent to carry out the training to
> whatever standard; counter-terrorist work or just general
> military training. They give this list of firms and say:
> "These companies can carry it out. It's up to you who you
> choose." But to get on that list you have to be cleared
> by
> the Foreign Office.
>
> ~snip~
>
> In other parts of Africa, commercial armies are busy not
> only in combating rebel forces, but actively involved in
> protecting and mining natural resources. Mr. Eeben Barlow
> the head of Executive Outcomes, whose troops are involved
> in Angola, talks about "cost-effectiveness" and in an
> interview he once said "We are selling the business of
> surviving."
>
> more at
> http://eotw.aptlearning.com/articles/mercs.html

Want to:
a. Legally slash your business and personal taxes,
drastically?
b. Earn the maximum percentage per year on your
investments?
c. Learn how to regain your personal privacy?
d. Create a 6 figure income in the next 4 to 8 months?

Call Me Now!!
Find out more and learn how to
Accomplish these things by calling
1-800-934-3473 ext 2155
----- ---- --- -- -> A Message From Our Sponsor <- -- ---
---- ----

"Offshore & Privacy Secrets, January 14, 2002"
Published by the Offshore & Privacy Club
http://offshoreprivacyclub.off.ai

CONTENTS

[1] Welcome!
[2] The Bureaucrat's Toolkit (revisited)
[3] NewsBriefs
[4] Offshore Glossary
[5] Quotes of the Week

[1] Welcome!
exceeds 30,000 freedom loving individuals from dozens of
different countries worldwide.

Thank you.

We would also like to thank the many newsletter subscribers
who are also Offshore & Privacy Club Members...it is your
ongoing support that make this newsletter possible.

Many exciting new additions to the member-only web site
are being planned that will make 2002 the best year yet
for our members.

Our members already have access to FREE Swiss Bank
Accounts,
$20 Corporate Accounts w/offshore debit card, on-line
banking
and privacy manuals and wealth of additional information
that
help them reclaim their personal and financial freedom. And
there is much more to come.

http://ofshoreprivacyclub.off.ai/clubfacts.html

One of our latest additions - not included in the overview
above - is the OPC Member INBOX. Here our members can find
number of the leading offshore & privacy newsletters
published by a variety of different sources.

The Club has subscribed to these publications so our
members
do not have to! Why give out your email to yet another
offshore or privacy organization when you can receive all
of these newsletters privately in your OPC Member INBOX?

New editions are added as received and back issues are kept
posted for viewing at the members convenience. The INBOX is
quickly becoming one of our member's favorite resource
centers. There is always something new in the INBOX!

http://ofshoreprivacyclub.off.ai/members-only/inbox.html

The newly posted "SPY SCHOOL" mirror-site now hosted in the
OPC Member Only Web site is also creating quite a stir.
Exposing
government surveillance techniques AND providing
countermeasures
training, these files are an invaluable resource for any
freedom
lover. This information can help to "level the playing
field"
should they find themselves the victim of government
scrutiny.

Below is a excerpt from one of the introductory pages of
this
controversial site, we have republished here (with
permission)
for the benefit of our newsletter readers. Enjoy!

But there is a LOT more to come. Don't miss out! Lock in
2001 pricing before it is too late!

http://offshoreprivacyclub.off.ai/2001offer.html

Thanks again for your continued support!

Live free...
Offshore & Privacy Secrets Newsletter
http://offshoreprivacyclub.off.ai

A Message From Our Sponsor

GOT SOME EVIDENCE TO ELIMINATE? When you access the
Internet, your computer keeps permanent hidden records of
your activity for months or years. This is a serious threat
to the legitimate surfer's privacy! Evidence Eliminator is
a solution to this problem. It analyzes and protects your
whole hard drive and defeats all known Forensic Analysis
Software. Download your copy:

http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/main.shtml?A1298

A Message From Our Sponsor End

[2] The Bureaucrat's Toolkit

You're about to lose something. It's already slipping from
your
grasp. And once it's gone, you'll never get it back.

As a people, we are facing the most serious threat to
humanity
in recorded history the systematic stripping away of
traditional
freedoms by governments worldwide. And that includes all
governments.

It is a situation far more serious than the plagues of the
Middle
Ages that nearly wiped us out as a species. It is a threat
never
before seen in ten thousand years of human history.

You are about to become the property of the government.

Governments today have the means to permanently wrest
control
from their populations.

A question of control...

A number of separate threats have recently converged. An
extremely
dangerous situation has been created. Governments have been
given
the opportunity and the means to permanently wrest control
from
their populations. Bureaucrats are about to realize their
dream of
absolute power. It is a nightmare far worse than anything
George
Orwell might have imagined.

Technology is providing the tools to government. We are now
at a
point in human evolution where your government if it so
chooses
can control every aspect of your life from cradle to grave.

We face three separate threats. Together these threats
combine to
give government a stranglehold on our civil liberties a
death
grip on our traditional freedoms.

Threat #1 Computers have taken over surveillance.

Surveillance is now automated. Entire populations can be
supervised
and monitored in real time. Half your life, including your
last
credit card purchase, is already on a database. Computers
eavesdrop
on all electronic and telephone communications using
word-recognition
and voice-recognition software. Video cameras are
everywhere inside
and outside they can recognize vehicle license plates and
even
human faces. And all this information, all these databases,
are
cross-referenced and tied together by computers. Taken
together,
it's called dataveillance. It makes it easy to track
certain classes
of people. Like minorities. Or dissidents. Or grassroots
political
movements. Or anyone who dares think for himself.

Threat #2 Militarization has taken over the police.

The cops are now using some very nasty weapons. Half the
stuff they
use is prohibited by the Geneva Convention and the Hague
Declaration.
The government can't use it in war, but their own
population is fair
game. Modern police technology gives a whole new meaning to
crowd
control they use sticky foam laced with chemical irritants.
It gives
a whole new meaning to interrogation they use new mark-free
interrogation tools. And new friendlier, more humane
weapons like
plastic bullets, pepper gas, and stun guns that still maim,
scalp,
burn, mutilate, and kill.

Threat #3 Big business has taken over proliferation.

Any government bureaucrat can buy this stuff. Most of these
high-tech
gadgets are dual-use. You can use them for benign things
like traffic
control or nasty things like people control. Private
companies are
reaping huge profits manufacturing and exporting this
nightmarish
technology. Research and development has gone berserk. Who
cares
about trivial things like human rights when there's a buck
to be made?
Heck, if anyone complains just order the $100,000 mobile
execution
vehicle it comes complete with lethal injection machine,
steel holding
cell, and areas for "witnesses" and "staff".

Wake up call...

This is what our government has been up to while we've been
asleep at
the wheel. They've been busy making choices. About
technology and how
to use it. Should technology serve the existing power
structure or
should it serve the population? Should technology be used
to protect
the government or should it be used to protect the people?

Well, folks, they decided to protect themselves rather than
us.
Government for the people is bureaucrat old-think.
Government against
the people is bureaucrat new-think. Simply stated, it's
hidden-control
versus democratic accountability. And hidden-control is
winning.

What does all this mean for you and me? Well, it's becoming
a lot
easier for politicians to use force rather than fix social
problems.
It's becoming more tempting for them to choose coercion
rather than
cooperation. Negotiation and compromise are outdated
concepts.

Even worse, the new technology makes it easy for them to
disguise the
amount of coercive force they're using.

Put yourself in their shoes. Why go to the trouble of
consulting with
the people? Why go to the trouble of negotiating with
protesters? Why
bother listening to dissenting points of view? Instead, all
you need
do is pick up the phone and arrange their destruction. A
few words
from the bureaucrat and the political control apparatus
swings into
gear computerized nationwide surveillance of potential
troublemakers,
militarized police SWAT teams for demonstrations and
meetings, and a
friendly sales rep standing by in case government needs
more fiendish
devices for controlling its citizens.

How to make people say yes. When authority fails,
repression begins.
Eventually terror becomes official government policy. Look
around you.
Futuristic scenario? Sci-fi thriller? Hollywood's next
blockbuster?
Nope. Get real.

Wake-up call. It's already here. Stop and think. Waco.
Vickie Weaver.
No-knock search warrants. Property confiscation. National
identity
cards. A cash less society. Across the USA, more and more
people worry
that governing-by-authority has become
ruling-through-repression.

Governments today can arm themselves with ghoulish toolkits
for
political control over individuals and over entire
populations. Most
people are unaware of the nightmarish systems that
technology has made
available to bureaucrats. It ain't pretty. And it ain't
cheap. But,
hey, it's your money they're spending to protect themselves
from you.

What is the real problem? The crux of the problem is
bureaucrats who
don't like people. They don't care about people the way you
and I do.
They only care about themselves and power. Technology is
about to give
these social misfits the power to exercise absolute
political control
over entire populations.

The scientists who are providing this technology refuse to
accept
blame for how their monstrous devices are used. These
antisocial
idiot-savants have created the ultimate Frankenstein's
monster a
juggernaut that will make worldwide slavery a reality.

Background: What you need to put this article in
perspective. This
article is based on information from official sources.
Recently the
European Parliament commissioned a study about political
control in
today's world. This article is based on that study.

The study was intended as a guide for Members of the
European
Parliament to inform them about recent developments in
technology
useful for political control over people. The resulting
document,
released through the Directorate General for Research, was
political bombshell.

The report first surfaced on 6 January 1998 in Luxembourg
as a
consultative version of a working document. The original
document is
a whopping 293KB in size. A 112-page paper version is
available from
the European Parliament department responsible, at fax
number
352-4300-22418.

Contents Copyright ©1998 Lee Adams. All rights reserved.

A Message From Our Sponsor

Go "offshore" without leaving the United States! Nominee
Directors,
Bearer Shares, NO Corporate Tax (State), and other features
make
Nevada the preferred jurisdiction of privacy enthusiast.
Perfect
for those receiving non-salary income or Internet
businesses!
Reduce taxes and protect assets. Privacy a priority.

Complete privacy packages starting at $1250! For more
information
contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A Message From Our Sponsor End

[3] Newsbriefs

* Political dissent can bring federal agents to door

It was 10:30 a.m. on Nov. 7 when the two men showed up.
Donna Huanca was alone, getting ready to open Houston's
Art Car Museum. "They looked like robots," she says.

Is the FBI acting properly in investigating reports of
"anti-american activity?"

She told the men, dressed in dark suits and carrying
leather
portfolios, that they would have to wait until the doors
opened
at 11. That was when they flipped out their badges: They
were
federal agents investigating reports of "anti-American
activity"
at the tiny art gallery.

To FBI special agent Terrence Donahue and Steven Smith of
the
Secret Service, it was a routine mission to check out one
of the
more than 435,000 tips they have received since Sept. 11

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0108/p1s4-usju.html

----

* New Driver's Licenses Pit Privacy Against Security

A new generation of driver's licenses that the federal
government
is developing with the states would contain electronically
stored
information such as fingerprints and could allow
authorities to
easily track citizens nationwide.

Supporters claim that with careful use, these new licenses
could
alert authorities to an attempt by a suspected terrorist to
board
an airliner, withdraw cash or enter the country all
in-demand
precautions after Sept. 11

But privacy experts argue that the plan is simply a way to
by step
widespread public opposition to federal ID cards.

-----

* Judge OKs FBI Keyboard Sniffing

The Justice Department can legally use a controversial
electronic
surveillance technique in its prosecution of an alleged
mobster.

In the first case of its kind, a federal judge in Newark,
New Jersey
has ruled that evidence surreptitiously gathered by the FBI
about
Nicodemo S. Scarfo's reputed loan shark operation can be
presented
in a trial later this year.

http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,49455,00.html

A Message From Our Sponsor

Is your Boss, Spouse, Competition, or FBI Spying On You ?
Have you unknowingly downloaded a program that is sending
your
personal information across the Internet? Spy software
makes it
easy for anybody to get your financial information, credit
card
numbers, and web site passwords! SpyCop will search your
system
for these programs and optionally disable them for you!

DOWNLOAD NOW: http://spysoftware.educations.net

A Message From Our Sponsor End

* A Wiretap In Every Home

If it is true that all trends start in California, then the
rest
of the country had better pay attention. Gray Davis has
proposed
that his state's police agencies be given the same
authority to
fight terrorism that Congress recently gave the feds. If
this
keeps up, there won't be an untapped phone in the nation.

It's not that what Davis proposes is so awful. What he has
in
mind is a state version of the insultingly named USA
Patriot Act,
which among other things expanded wiretap authority at the
federal
level. It also permits the government to monitor e-mail and
Internet
sites. Uncle Sam is going to know if you've been bad or
good
-- so be good for goodness' sake.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22888-2002Jan9.html

-----

* Cash and the 'Carry Tax'

US currency should include tracking devices that let the
government
tax private possession of dollar bills, a Federal Reserve
official
says.

The longer you hold currency without depositing it in a
bank account,
the less that cash will be worth, according to a proposal
from
Marvin Goodfriend, a senior vice president at the Federal
Reserve
Bank of Richmond.

In other words, greenbacks will get automatic expiration
dates.

"The magnetic strip could visibly record when a bill was
last
withdrawn from the banking system. A carry tax could be
deducted
from each bill upon deposit according to how long the bill
was in
circulation," Goodfriend wrote in a recent presentation to
a Federal
Reserve System conference in Woodstock, Vermont.

The 34-page paper argues a carry tax will discourage
"hoarding"
currency, deter black market and criminal activities, and
boost
economic stability during deflationary periods when
interest rates
hover near zero.

----

* New Forfeiture Defense Manual

Forfeiture Endangers American Rights (FEAR) announces its
new Asset Forfeiture Defense Manual. Order from
http://fear.org

WHY HOLD GOVERNMENT MONEY?

It is NOT TOO LATE to open your FREE e-Gold Account but you
MUST ACT FAST... it is easy and it is free. Use this
SPECIAL
LINK to open your account and qualify for discounted
in-exchange services via the Offshore & Privacy Club:

http://www.e-gold.com/e-gold.asp?cid=367802

* Government zips its lips on frozen funds

The Global Relief Foundation can't get to its money. It
also can't
get to evidence the government says is why the Muslim
charity is
being probed.

Last month, federal agents raided the suburban Chicago
offices of
Global Relief Foundation, a Muslim charity. They carted
away files,
froze bank accounts and put the charity's founder in jail,
where he
awaits deportation on immigration charges.

The Bridgeview, Ill., charity is "suspected of funding
terrorist
activities linked to al-Qaida and other associated groups,"
said
Tasia Scolinos, a Treasury Department spokeswoman. It is
under
investigation.

But that's all the government will say. Under authority of
the
Patriot Act, the expansive new anti-terrorism law enacted
in response
to the Sept. 11 attacks, no further public explanation is
required.
A federal judge issued a criminal search warrant against
Global
Relief, but the government's reasons for raiding the
charity Dec. 14
remain under seal.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/01/13/Worldandnation/Government_zips_its_l.shtml

-----

* Just Say No

Years ago I wrote a story about a crackdown on marijuana
growers in
which state and federal agents knocked on the doors of
people who
had purchased indoor gardening equipment. Since they didn't
have
enough evidence for search warrants, they had to ask for
permission
to look around.

To my amazement, the operation resulted in hundreds of
arrests for
marijuana cultivation. I found it hard to understand why
someone
with a closet or a basement full of contraband would
consent to a
search when he could avoid arrest simply by saying no.

Eventually I realized that the pot growers who let the cops
in must
have believed they had no other choice. They probably
assumed they'd
already been caught and that failing to cooperate would
only make
matters worse.

Even people with perfectly legal horticultural hobbies
worried about
the consequences of resisting men with badges and guns. "I
had the
impression that if I made them get a warrant," an orchid
grower told
me, "they would tear the house apart."

LINK: http://reason.com/sullum/011102.shtml

-----

* Setting Sail on a Giant, Floating City

It's like any other metropolis, except you could be
brunching on
fresh Parisian croissants one day and pad Thai straight
from the
streets of Bangkok the next.

But this city isn't defined by rivers, mountains or land
boundaries.
It's the Freedom Ship, the world's largest floating city.

"It's the lifestyle of continuous travel, but with
amenities such as
a commercial center, a major hospital and major school
system, and
you get to take your home, your surroundings and your
family with you,"
Freedom Ship International CEO Norman Nixon said in a
telephone
interview from his Florida home.

Freedom Ship today exists only on paper. But some 3,000
families and
businesses have already signed on to live and work on it.
When it
does launch, in 2006, this leviathan of comfortable living
will
travel a lazy circuit around the world every two years.

A Message From Our Sponsor

GET THE MOST DANGEROUS BOOK IN THE WORLD!

Already one politician has tried to silence this
underground
classic...Here's why: The Underground Directory covers all
the
most discreet and low profile "insider" contacts for free
spirits
everywhere: Privacy. Disappearing. Surveillance. Asset
Protection.
Second Passports. Self-Defense. Plus much more! Click here
for
details: http://www.forbidden.educations.net/

A Message From Our Sponsor End

[4] Offshore Glossary

* Money Laundering:

Traditionally, money-laundering has been said to occur when
criminals seek to make illegally obtained funds look
legitimate
by funneling them through "clean" banks and businesses
until the
money's origin is obscured.

In practise, governments use the term "money laundering" to
define
any funds they consider less than transparent to their
surveillance
oversight. In other words, money without a readily
identifiable
source must be criminal until the user can prove otherwise
by
eliminated his/her financial privacy.

[5] Quote of the Week

"Historians and economists {subsidized by governments} are
very
good at creating and perpetuating myths that justify
increasing
the power placed in the hands of government."

-Reuven Brenner

"THIS AD COULD BE YOURS!" Reach 30,000+ offshore and
privacy
enthusiasts with your advertising message. Past advertisers
are thrilled: "I was literally blown away by the results.
Our best week EVER!" and "The response was good.
Worthwhile.
It sure beats USA Today hands down!" Grab the details now!
Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

See you next week! Please help spread the message of
freedom
and forward this newsletter to your friends and associates!
*** Join the Offshore & Privacy Club! ***
See http://offshoreprivacyclub.off.ai/clubfacts.html
Copyright 2002, A1 COMMUNICATIONS H.C.

----- ---- --- -- -> A Message From Our Sponsor <- -- ---
---- ----
"Experienced" investment manager is seeking $25k-$50k USD.
Will pay 3.5% per month on a monthly basis for a period of
1 year.
Payments can be directed to any location
mailto:rraymond@h...

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/