-Caveat Lector-

I do not have permission to reveal identities  w/out
permission & so have shortened names to initials.

P. is not a violent criminal but one of the "patriots"   who
was well-intentioned but did make some mistakes. All of his
"crimes" were paper crimes.
         It is to me  alarming to see the way he was treated here,
the mood and temper of the courts, the broad brush that is
being used against all dissidents.

                                                molli

> > Heard from P. last night late, through a friend he called...  Forty
persons
> > attended the hearing yesterday in Ashville, including his wife,
children and
> > grandchildren.  The scheduled two-hour hearing was changed by the idiot
judge
> > to one hour.  Prosecution  was granted everything, defense
> > nothing......defense attornies stated they had NEVER been treated with
such
> > egregious behaviour by a judge in a court room.  Appeal has been filed,
with
> > request to allow more than the 50 pages - as it will take that much to
list
> > errors committed by Thornburg.  Thornburg should have recused himself
from
> > the beginning, but did not.  P. was not allowed to tell his wife
goodbye or
> > even speak to his children.
> > The caller said it is his understanding P. will be sent to Butner in
NC for
> > medical evaluation as he is having some medical problems.  Attornies
have
> > requested he be sent to SC while awaiting appeal so his wife can see
him -
> > too much expense to drive farther.  He is down, but not out.  P's
calls
> > are blocked to us from where he is now.  If not moved today, will be in
> > Asheville over the weekend and moved Monday.  I am unable to access our
> > address book, so please pass this on.
> >

> ps those that did not know P got 151 months jail time
yesterday

> Just got another phone call re. P......He will be in
Asheville about two
> weeks in order to confer with his attorneys. I think they
thought they would
> be going into a court room with a judge with some sense
of order. Instead
> they got a yelling judge and yelling prosecutor.......who
announced he had
> direct orders from the AG of the US to "go after these
homeland terrorists."
> Guess they need to start rounding us all up right now.
Atty was shocked by
> their behavior.....even tho P. had tried to tell them
what would happen.
> Charlie said he insists he is Ok but he, Charlie, doesn't
think so. P.
> expects to be sent to Butner next. As I said, that
statement "a threat to
> the community" means a threat to the corrupt judicial
community, not any of
> us. >
> 1 hour later:  received a call from P........they tried
to put
> domestic terrorism charges on P., but could not as his
"acts" ocurred prior
> to 9-11. It seems that now ANYONE who speaks out against
the government in
> any way is considered a domestic terrorist and fair game
for prosecution.
> And they call this "homeland" security? We have less
security now than we
> have ever had in this country........our greatest threat
is from our own
> government and our corrupt judicial system...this is NOT
MY homeland!