-Caveat Lector-

http://www.newsmax.com/showinside.shtml?a=2002/1/24/84906

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...

Thursday, Jan. 24, 2002 10:03 a.m. EST

China to Publish Book on Its Role in 9-11 Attacks

China's largest publishing conglomerate – the Communist Party-controlled
Xinhua Publishing Corporation – has bought the Chinese publishing rights to
"Seeds of Fire."

This book reveals the background of China’s role in the 9/11 attack on
America.

Written by award-winning former foreign correspondent Gordon Thomas, "Seeds
of Fire: China and the Story Behind the Attack on America" has become an
Internet best seller.

"And now, with President Bush's upcoming visit to China on Feb. 21, 'Seeds'
is 'on fire' for another reason as well," states Carol Adler, president of
Dandelion Books.

"It is the only book available that gives both the internal history and the
global forecast of China's intention to become a superpower. 'Seeds of Fire'
is a 'must read' for the news media, U.S. government and all who are
concerned about the future of the United States."

Thomas spent a year in China reporting on the events surrounding the
Tiananmen Square massacre – before he was ordered to leave the country.

But Xinhua intends to publish the book to a Chinese readership of some 350
million.

The Beijing-based publisher recently created a furor in the West when it
issued books, films and videos glorifying the strikes of 9/11 as "a humbling
blow against an arrogant nation."

The sale to China represents the latest success in a global sales drive by
Dandelion. Since 'Seeds of Fire' was published six weeks ago, it has been
sold to 33 countries. The book is going into its second large print run.

"'Seeds of Fire' has attracted unprecedented success for Dandelion," said Ms.
Adler. "We are only two years old. It is a mark of trust in us that Gordon
Thomas rejected more lucrative offers to allow us to publish him. He has
worked closely with us in helping to market the book. This has been very much
a team effort.”

"Seeds of Fire" is to be the subject of an NBC documentary. German TV
networks are also planning programs based on the book.

Gordon Thomas, 69, whose books have sold 45 million copies worldwide, said
from his home in Dublin, Ireland: "I am stunned and delighted that in effect
the Chinese government is prepared to let its billion-plus population have a
chance to read what their government is planning to do: become the next
superpower by confronting the United States.”

In never-before-published official documents, "Seeds of Fire" reveals
briefing papers from the CIA that show how China may launch an all-out
nuclear attack against America "before 2015."

Hours after the book was published, the CIA confirmed the authenticity of the
documents.

"Seeds of Fire" also delivers the full extent of Chinese intelligence
operations within the United States. Its sensational revelations describe the
still highly secret information China's top defector to the U.S. has passed
on to the CIA.

It also details China's relationship with Osama bin Laden.

Said Gordon Thomas: "For me, it will be most interesting to see if the
Chinese government will allow me to go to China to promote the book. But I am
just so stunned and delighted that they are going to publish it. It is, I
hope, a sign that democracy is still far from dead."

Xinhua plans to publish a mass-market edition of the book.

"There is, I know, a great appetite for what the West has to say about
China," said Thomas. "But for the Chinese government to sanction publication
of a book that reveals many of the innermost strategic thinking of its
leadership is not only incredible – but refreshing!"

Write to same address to be off lists!

screeds are unwelcomed. Substancenot soap-boxingplease!  These are
sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'with its many half-truths, mis-
directions and outright fraudsis used politically by different groups with