Date: 7 Feb 2002 00:44:15 -0000
From: C-and-SEE Moderator <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Welcome to C-and-SEE

This discussion is an experiment in the philosophy and psychology of education. C is a
powerful and flexible computer language and C++ is a superset of C. Learning any
computer language can be considered as a task which is "complex, technical and
difficult". Let us SEE, from this experiment, if such a complex, technical and
difficult subject can be translated into the vernacular, aka everyday language or EL.
If that can be done, why can we not translate all of higher education in scholarly and
academic subjects into EL? Further to that, another implication is that the age of the
teaching machine has finally arrived. EL courseware can be delivered via
"roboprofessors", making human professors obsolete. Global education can be provided
online, dispensed by teaching machine and at such small cost that it will be almost
free. If this experiment fails, Professor Langdon Winner will have the last laugh. SEE
<http://www.webct.com/service/ViewContent?contentID=3175969> for his satirical
comments on "The Automatic Professor Machine". However, I think C-and-See will show
how the Professor Winners of this world will be put out of business in the near future.