-Caveat Lector-

I understand your rule of thumb BUT the person who sent it to me
works in IT at the government level.  As the message (original)
states, better to be forewarned and forearmed.

As a matter of consideration, a hoax can be part of someones idea of
a conspiracy to create havoc.  Therefore, for those who follow the
hoax sites, this is an opportunity to expose said thing.

Continuing on, how long would it take for someone who is into virus
development to wait until the hoax thing is taken for granted and
THEN create a real virus, expecting that everyone else to think it is
a hoax?

Fortunately, very few of these ever do become the "real thing" but
then again, I'm not one to take things like this lightly considering
the investment I and others have made to protect against these
things.

Again, the proscription to forwarding these kinds of messages seems
to be contrary to the purpose of conspiracy expose' lists.  There is
such a thing as "information warfare" (some know it as "spin" or
"hype" or "disinformation") and, despite the failings of many several
of the governments' agencies, I have first hand knowledge and
experience with IW.  If it was not so important, McAfee or Symantec
or Dr Soloman or any other other present and past antivirus program
developers would be flipping burgers or something.

Although we seek the truth, we also have know what the lies are as
well.  For example, there are those who contend that HIV causing AIDS
is also a hoax.  This doesn't mean anyone should just ignore the
precautions and sharing of information relating to both sides of the
issue.  Assuming that there are those who are intimate with hoaxi,
this would seem to be an important consideration to present.  Unless
there is not conspiracy that is built on a hoax.

A<>E<>R

Integrity has no need of rules. -Albert Camus (1913-1960)
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust