Belief is the opposite of knowing.

For humans, there is no such thing as "knowing."  "Knowing" is an arbitrary absolute.  There are, however, "greater" and "lesser" degrees of understanding.

You need beliefs, because not all theories are tested out yet you do not know everything,

I "need" to eat/drink, sleep, breathe and eventually die.  I use beliefs to explain gaps in the logical sequence/flow of information.  I observed X and am now observing Z.  I can only speculate (believe) that something occurred in interval Y.

Edward   ><+>

If you have fifty problems and one of them is government, you have only one problem.
http://www.global-connector.com/