-Caveat Lector-

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, inri wrote:

> > > Do you want me to find the little pictures of the tiny horsies becoming
> big
> > > horsies for you?
> >
> > No thanks. You've already given me a picture of a small horse's ass
> > becoming a big horse's ass. How does genetic selection for a trait refute
> > my point which is that successful MUTATION is a sine qua non of Darwinism
> > yet it has not yet been proven to be a fact of life?
>
> mutation is completely random. you can neither predict it nor create an
> experiment that will "create" it.

That's the problem. It is random and so you can't predict that mutations
to the bones of fish for example are going to give you legs. Mutations
aren't purposive as a genetic engineer might be in a hundred years when
genes for legs are successfully spliced into fish or clams or whatever.
Mutations are easily induced in the lab. But they are random and more than
that, they are almost always bad news. So where are the PREDICTED failures
in the fossil record which should (according to Darwinian theory) be
replete with failures? The fossil record looks more like a genetic
engineer has been at work, a "creative" scientist with a purpose in mind,
a person with an "intelligent design".

POC