-Caveat Lector-

THE JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY ANNOUNCES NEW DRIVE TO PULL U.S. out of UN

"The many displays of American flags in the wake of the terrorist attacks
on our nation were a delight to see." claims John F McManus, a National
Leader of the John Birch Society. "What also can be said about this
welcome re-surgence of patriotism is that no one was waving the flag of
the United Nations (UN)."
Mr. McManus announced the launching of a new drive this month to develop
grassroots pressure to pull the United States (U.S.) out of the United
Nations. Society Members from Coast-to-Coast are now in the process of
forming GET US OUT! of the United Nations Committees to work with fellow
citizens to preserve our Nation's Independence.
The John Birch Society has been calling for the United States to withdraw
from the UN for 40 years. Once viewed as a near impossible goal, the
organization's call for America to quit the world organization has gained
much support in recent years. In 1997, the U.S. House of Representatives
voted for the first time since the UN's founding on a measure calling for
our nation to pull out. In 1999, the House entertained a similar measure.
While the number of representatives favoring withdrawal hasn't become a
majority, Society members claim that the move to extricate our nation from
the UN is growing, H.R. 1146 calling for a pullout is before the House
today.
Mr. Bacon says that the Society's investment in this new drive is its
greatest in several decades, "We've gone back and retooled our entire
campaign and published a new book, THE UNITED NATIONS EXPOSED, to explain
the threat."John F. McManus adds that the climate for such a campaign has
changed:"The International designs to turn the UN into a world government
are now out in the open. And many more Americans are recognizing that the
world organization is an enemy of freedom, not it's friend."
"The tightening UN grip on our Nation's military should frighten all
Americans," claims Mr. Bacon. He adds, "most Americans aren't aware that
the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) is a UN subsidary and all of
our forces serving in NATO is a UN subsidary and all of our forces in NATO
are actually serving the UN. But many Americans agree with the society's
insistence that American troops should never be commanded by anyone but an
American."
Commenting on the recent terrorist attacks on our nation, Mr. John F.
McManus believes that it would be "the height of folly" for America's
leaders to subject our nation's campaign  against terrorism to the UN or
any regional alliance. "Asking the UN to lead the fight against
terrorism," he claims. "it's a sad joke --- an invitation to another
no-win war. Many of the regimes that are in good standing in the UN are
themselves sponsors of terrorism. And the UN has itself supported
terrorist movements, such as SWAPO in Africa."
The Birch Society leader sees a UN shadow covering practically all of
mankind's endeavors. Having examined UN documents, he sees that its
commissions
programs, and agencies "are already present in the fields of education,
population, children, finance, women, environment, trade, health,
agriculture, labor, military, science, culture, atomic power,
telecommunications, aviation, industrial development, narcotics, refugees,
property rights, and More." He warns, "UN Power that grows year-by-year
will soon become total unless the long standing designs of its founders to
establish a world government are exposed and routed."
Society members invite all Americans to participate in their newly
energized GET US OUT! effort. "It could hardly be more important." Mr.
John F. McManus claims. "Our nation's magnificent foundation, a system
acknowledging God as the Creator who gave us our rights and a government
limited merely to protecting those rights, is definitely threatened. The
UN stands for the complete opposite of everything that made this nation
great." And he urges, "Before it's too late, it's time to quit the UN and
preserve this one nation, under GOD, for generations yet to come."
For More Information, contact The John Birch Society at 1-800-jbs-usa1 web
site: http://www.jbs.org

visit my web site at  http://www.voicenet.com/~wbacon
My ICQ# is 79071904
for a precise list of the powers of the Federal Government linkto:
http://www.voicenet.com/~wbacon/Enumerated.html