-Caveat Lector-

This article ignores that Saddam's government is generally secular in
nature, not Islamic, and that Saudi Arabia is haging on to Iraq as part and
parcel of stability, as the US has done alternately with them and with Iran
(which is also part of generating an amount of instability in the region)
for decades. It also paints all Arab countries incorrectly with an Islamic
brush. There is, indeed, a problem with the cultures of Arab and Western
European coming to terms, but it does not reside in Islam. Nor do the West's
problems reside entirely in Israel. To see it in such simplistic terms is to
ignore the history, and the history runs much deeper than this. But we are
the Imperialists now, and we dictate the terms, right? But whose culture has
survived for thousands of years? Forget Islam, as that is but a new facet.

This article's author relies upon the very distinctions it wishes to decry,
which are made by some Arabs, in order to ensure the reader feels they are
fanatics, and seems to suggest the only answer, like Ann Coulter has, that
we just dispense of them all. Considering, however, that there are over one
billion Muslims in the world, many of whom are not Arabic, the author seems
to be lighting the kindling for the holy war of holy wars: the "long and
hard war against murderers and terrorists" (i.e. Arabs, Muslims, over one
billion strong, but not one in the same), and I wonder if Victor Davis
Hanson has considered that, or whether he rather relishes that.

Them craaaaaazy Arabs!

- jt