-Caveat Lector-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 06:51:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Labour Welfare Party <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [BCPOLITICS] The Big Picture: Fascism in BC

Dear Mr. Smyth:

If it looks like a fascist and talks like a fascist and stinks like a
fascist, maybe it IS a fascist. Look again at the "BIG PICTURE" of
Campbell Policy.

Has he not said, "The Constitution? C'est moi!" (pardon my french).

Remember that it was a law man of no less stature than Tom Berger who said
last week on tv that Campbell is "VIOLATING THE RULE OF LAW" and that we
should all be very "TROUBLED".

Read your Constitution. Doesn't the Charter in it say that "Canada is
founded upon the rule of law"?

When a premier discards the rule of law and visibly violates other
Constitutional provisions and rights one after the other, what do you call
it?

How about

F-A-S-C-I-S-M

Kale

> Promises? Libs couldn't care less
>
> Michael Smyth
> The Province
> Friday, April 26, 2002
>
>   Maybe we shouldn't be so surprised that the Liberals are moving
> thousands of extended-care nursing-home residents into cheaper,
> lower-level "supportive-living" care in the community.
>
>   After all, this is the same "businesslike" government that ripped up
> legally binding contracts without a flicker of conscience.
>
>   Four words the Liberals don't understand: "A deal's a deal."
>
>   When the government placed these people in extended care, it promised
> them they'd receive round-the-clock professional nursing care.
>
>   Now thousands will have that taken away. Many will get yanked after
> enduring months on waiting lists to get the care in the first place.
>
>   If the Liberals have any compassion, they will announce immediately
> that no resident will be moved into reduced care without the resident's
> consent or the consent of his or her family.
>
>   But I doubt they'll do that: The Liberals want to demote residents
> quickly to save as much as money as possible.
>
>   The first nursing homes being hit are the ones owned outright by the
> government. Why? Because there is no legal obligation to give notice of
> closure.
>
>   That's why you see the 19 elderly residents of government-owned
> Moberly Manor in Revelstoke getting just a month's notice of the home
> being shut down.
>
>   What happened to Premier Gordon Campbell's promise that residents and
> their families would receive "extensive, detailed" consultation before
> anyone is moved?
>
>   One month's notice is a joke. Even landlords have to give two months'
> notice under B.C. tenancy laws.
>
>   Privately owned, government-funded nursing homes won't close as
> quickly because the contracts require at least a year's notice. (Then
> again, remember what contracts are worth to the Liberals.)
>
>   Five of these 61 privately owned homes have already been targeted for
> closure by the government, said Ed Helfrich, CEO of the B.C. Association
> of Private Care.
>
>   "Some of our owners are going to be facing bankruptcy," Helfrich told
> me yesterday.
>
>   "There's been no consultation with our industry. It's been a very
> secretive process, driven by the government's financial concerns."
>
>   This is how the Liberals treat private enterprise?
>
>   The government says one-third or more of the province's 24,000
> long-term-care residents are well enough to live in the community with
> reduced care.
>
>   How does the government know this? It says the evidence is contained
> in "studies" -- but the studies haven't been released.
>
>   Helfrich and nursing-home administrators I've consulted don't believe
> that one-third of their residents can adequately take care of themselves
> with limited help.

> [...]

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/XgSolB/TM

According to <http://www.gov.bc.ca> some 3/4 of British Columbians were Internet users
by 2001. In 5 years or so, the new EDD, "Electronic Direct Democracy" will be fully
developed and the CITIZENS' PARLIAMENT will hold the reins of power daily over the
Victoria Parliament. The 1996 Recall and Initiative Act enables CITIZENS to recall
even the Premier.