--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Read these words carefully:
"Those who read Solomon's attack and Ruppert's work will see
immediately
that Solomon flagrantly misrepresents him.
`
Although much remains hidden, the US government's actions (and
inactions) leading up to the Sept. 11th attacks are the story of the
century. As a station, we have kept this story almost entirely from
our
listeners because of vague fears about "credibility" based on a
shoddy,
inaccurate hatchet job from an icon of "progressive" media critique."

===============================
> OPEN LETTER TO ALL KPFA FOLKS
> From Ed Rippy, News Dept.
> `
> It is now common knowledge that the Bush administration received
> warnings of hijackings well before Sept. 11th. It is less well known
> that some of us in the station have been working on this story, and
its
> broader context, for months and have met with near-uniform
dismissal of
> our work.
> `
> Kellia Ramares, Bonnie Faulkner, and I have been developing this
story,
> based largely on the reporting of the much-maligned Mike Ruppert.
Bonnie
> and Kellia played portions of his talk at Fort Mason on Guns &
Butter
> during a
> previous fund drive, raising near-record money. I gave the News
Dept. a
> short article I had written outlining the evidence (which goes way
> beyond the White House's admissions) for preplanning of the war on
> Afghanistan. When I later asked the recipient what (s)he thought of
it,
> the response was, "I can't remember what it was about."
> `
> I brought the issue up (along with the new, conclusive evidence
> presented in Robert Stinnet's Day of Deceit that the Roosevelt
> administration provoked and permitted the attack on Pearl Harbor)
to the
> person in charge of another daily show; (s)he replied, "Even if it's
> true, I don't want to know." Seeing little interest at KPFA, I
posted my
> work (five articles so far) on Indymedia and circulated it as best I
> could in antiwar activist circles. Its reception has, in general,
been
> very good.
> `
> Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney spoke on "Flashpoints" on
3/25/02
> about her call for a serious investigation into the ignored
warnings of
> attack and profiteering from the ensuing war. To my knowledge, KPFA
did
> not cover the issue beyond this until establishment Washington
unleashed
> its predicable storm of scorn and denials. To my knowledge, we have
> never examined the evidence beyond what I have mentioned and a
segment
> or two on "Flashpoints" with Mike Ruppert.. Perhaps I have missed
> something.
> `
> Norman Solomon sent a three-page fax to Philip Maldari dissing
Ruppert's
www.copvcia.com
> and my articles on Indymedia, starting with "US Military Policy
Since
> the Fall of the Soviet Union" at
> sf.indymedia.org/news/2002/01/114339.php
> (each article has a link to its successor in one of the comments
> following it).

New Pacifica Working Group
http://www.egroups.com/group/NewPacifica
'Save Our Stations!'