-Caveat Lector-

on 7/14/02 12:22 AM, Tenorlove at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
>>  Jewish World Review
>>
>> July 10, 2002 / 1 Menachem-Av, 5762
>>
>> Julia Gorin-Mohamed
>>
>> Random terrorism
>>
>> http://www.jewishworldreview.com |
>>
>> Hesham Mohamed Hadayet was one of the victims in last week's
>> tragic shootout at Los Angeles Airport.  And now, as his
>> widow attests, he is being singled out from among the rest,
>> blamed because he is Arab and Muslim.

Or because he is the shooter.

>> Blamed not just for the random, spontaneous, isolated
>> shooting spree that it invariably was, but potentially for
>> terrorism and/or hate crimes.  As one appropriately
>> indignant WABC reporter emphasized on Thursday, "Just
>> because the shooter was Egyptian and it happened at the El
>> Al counter,"
>> investigators are looking into the possibility of terrorism.

The possibility shouldn't be investigated, given the climate of the time?

>> Indeed, would it be so inconceivable that after surveying
>> the bevy of competing airlines at LAX-after racking his
>> brain over which to pick from among the likes of Aeroflot,
>> Qantas, Lufthansa and Ukrainian National-Hadayet got tired
>> in front of the El Al counter and settled on it by default?
>> Hypothetically speaking, of course, since he didn't do it.

It is possible.
Hypothetically.

>> It's a lucky thing Hadayet sent his family to Egypt shortly
>> before the attack.  His wife, Hala Mohammed Sadeq El-Awadly,
>> is saying they might not be coming back.  And who can blame
>> them, given the volatile racial climate here?

Or the fear that they would suffer reprisals after their husband / father
committed the 1st post sep 11 attack in the US?

>> Hadayet is reported to have been armed with two guns and a
>> hunting knife-allegedly incriminating evidence of his having
>> been the shooter.  But is it so inconceivable that Hesham
>> Hadayet was as scared as the rest of us of terror in the
>> skies, and wanted to be prepared for the worst?
>> Furthermore, these items were most likely planted on him by
>> the Israeli El Al security.

Amazing. Anyone who would bring 2 guns and a knife into an airport like LAX
now, in the name of security is a complete idiot.

Why were these items most likely planted by el al? Why not just turn in the
actual shooter?

>> The exaggerated furor over this incident is all too
>> reminiscent of the tone surrounding the September 11th
>> attacks on New York and Washington when, in a similar way,
>> the country fixated on 19 Muslim hijackers.  Officials and
>> media even managed to connect to all this a plane that
>> crashed in a remote part of Pennsylvania the same day.
>> After all, there were Muslims on board there too.  With
>> everyone dwelling on the point that they did it, the point
>> gets lost that it could have been anyone.

As a new Yorker, American, and human being - fuck off. When idiots murder
several thousand people, and cause untold damage, furor is the correct
response - whoever the mass murderer is.

>> Just because terrorist organizations happen to attract many
>> Muslims, it doesn't mean we shouldn't steer clear of drawing
>> biased conclusions.

True. But we shouldn't ignore what the facts and statistics tell us, either.

>> After all, these organizations don't recruit Muslims
>> exclusively; certainly Hamas, Hezbollah, al Qaeda and the al
>> Aqsa Brigade wouldn't ban non-Muslims expressing interest in
>> suicidal homicide.  It just happens that so far the majority
>> of applicants have been Muslim.  Still, it is safe to say
>> that these are equal opportunity outfits that don't
>> discriminate on the basis of externals.

Bullshit.

I donąt think hamas opens its doors to too many Jewish bombers.

>> In this sense, perhaps it would be instructive to take a
>> page from their book, particularly as regards the
>> crime-solving tactic of racial profiling, which is the real
>> culprit behind the anti-Muslim mood.  Why else would we
>> assume that because all the September 11th hijackers were
>> Muslim, the next attack against the U.S.  is more likely to
>> be conducted by Muslims than by anyone else?

Do the math.

Racial profiling is ridiculous. So is ignoring the past.

>> Besides, there's at least one degree of separation between
>> the average law-abiding Muslim Arab-American and someone who
>> is involved with such groups or supports them financially.
>>
>> It is counterproductive to stoke the flames of intolerance,
>> as one U.S.  Marine did when he called police after the
>> shooting to report that Hadayet lived in his building and
>> sometimes expressed revulsion at the American flag that the
>> Marine had hanging off his balcony.  It's as if we've
>> learned nothing from a decade of Bill Maher: true patriots
>> criticize their country
>>
>> And it isn't even Hadayet's country, so again--perhaps
>> Americans can take an example from this Egyptian national.
>>
>> Speaking from Cairo, the widow El-Awadly yesterday said that
>> her husband is innocent, that he was a peaceful and
>> non-violent man who didn't have an opinion on Israel.
>> Indeed, this is the first time that he did or didn't kill
>> anyone, Jewish or otherwise.

Funny think about suicide killings -
As daffy duck said " the only problem is you can only do this trick once"

>El-Awadly said she believes
>> that he is a victim of American injustice because "in
>> America they hate Islam and Arabs after September 11." Point
>> taken: Witness the typical display of U.S.  favoritism
>> toward the dead Jews in this case over the dead Arab.

If there was a Jewish shooter at the Egypt air counter, the favoritism would
point the other way.

>> Is it any wonder, then, that Osama bin Laden became the hero
>> of the Arab world after Sept.  11, even though the tape
>> linking him to the attacks was a fabrication?
>>
>> Is it any wonder that, even though the Holocaust never
>> happened, what's happening to the Palestinians is just like
>> it?

YAY!!!!!!!

This is my favorite logical mobius strip I've ever seen. 20 points.

(ps - isn't holocaust denial a no-no here?)

>> Is it any wonder that the Arab world compares Ariel Sharon
>> to Adolf Hitler (blessed be the memory of that lone
>> righteous gentile)?

And here the troll becomes clear. Any polemic that celebrates Hitler as
righteous has the value of used toilet paper. It certainly doesnąt fit in
with the pretended stance of fairness and anti-bias this piece carries.

>> Just like the documents linking Yassir Arafat to weapons
>> shipments from Iran and payments to martyr families were
>> forgeries--even though all such activities are well
>> justified-so is Hadayet innocent of the charges against
>> him.  Not only did he not do it, but he is justified in
>> having done it.  Indeed, if anyone this week is justified in
>> having done what he didn't do, it's Hesham Mohamed Hadayet.

This once doesnąt have the elegance of its earlier form , but it is still a
rare delight. If he was justified, why deny? If he is innocent, there is
nothing to justify. Its not clever rhetoric, its ranting lunacy.

--
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my

contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the

spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be

done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable

love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and

ignoble war is;  I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base

an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is

nothing but an act of murder."

 -- Albert Einstein