-Caveat Lector-

--- "Bettina Jodda (Twister)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -Caveat Lector-
>
> Thus spoke Tenorlove on Sunday 04 August 2002 06:04:

> > And if you survive, you are likely to get charged with a crime.
>
> Why that? (blackout of moi, sorry)

There are states in the US where it is illegal to attempt to commit
suicide. Here's an excerpt from a PRO-suicide site (take yer Maalox and
caveat lector, NOT ENDORSING):

http://www.satanservice.org/coe/suicide/faq.encouraging

(faq 13)  attempting suicide may be illegal, but this should make no
        difference to those who are certain that it is our time to
        die. you can't legislate against emotional pain, so making it
        illegal will not stop people from feeling suicidal. it is
        actually quite helpful in isolating the awakened, though it
        should be noticed that, unfortunately, the vast majority of
        attempts are unsuccessful, partially due to lack of basic
        information and social antagonism toward this heroic act.

        in some countries and states it is still illegal, in other
        places it's not.  we recommend moving to those places where
        attempted suicide is legal before proceeding with the act,
        just in case you don't succeed. also be aware of the likely
        repercussions of any kind of unsuccessful suicide attempt.
        even though suicide itself is legal in the US, for example,
        those who attempt it unsuccessfully may have many of their
        liberties removed and may be drugged into conformity with
        social norms by the psychiatric community (for 'observation').

http://health.yahoo.com