     Many booksellers . . . were reluctant to carry books that would attract
the sometimes obstreperous
     youngsters who lived by rock and roll.
     --Ray Walters, "Paperback Talk," New York Times, September 13, 1981

     He becomes obstreperous and truculent as an infant in need of an
afternoon nap.
     --James Doran, "Bonus question raises ire of fund managers," Times
(London), April 19, 2001

 Obstreperous derives from Latin obstrepere, "to make a noise, to clamor at
or against; hence, to disturb, to interrupt
 by clamor," from ob-, "toward, against" + strepere, "to make a loud noise."