--- Begin Message --- -Caveat Lector-
A little birdie called Shadi Abdallah tells wonderous stories. He's been to Afghanistan, where he was a bodyguard of Bin Laden. Not because he was too  well trained but mainly because of his size, that enabled him  to act as a kind of human shield (?).
So far  German  BKA  has not come across  a  similarly bubbling source .

The article is odd.  (see english summary below)
On one hand they seem to be  convinced that Shadi is a  member of theTawhid-group, that has close ties to a battle commander of Osama Bin Laden that  fled  to Iran. The order of the group had been  to get papers for members of Osama's  group, that would help them to travel on  to Europe.

In April the authorities picked up a phone call of this commander.  They noticed  strange code words: the dump,  black pill, apple of lebanon. Fearing attacks  in Germany they ordered a nationwide raid   and arrested 13  *Islamists*.

The  same day he began  to talk. According to him *the dump* means  a weapon with silencer, apple of lebanon: explosive .  The translation of the black pill is mysteriously missing.  Instead the writer cites the Koran (spelling?) verse that the commander gave him   as a signal  for the attack: concerning a jewish institution.

Many  details of his story have proven correct thus the investigators found  a cache containing a large amount  of weapons.

But "In spite of such evidence  the officials are  not so sure where facts merge  into fiction."

This is the second time I have come across the fact and fiction image in German  media.

I might well be overjudging it (meanng give it too much meaning). But concerning an American report on Terrorism  -  I unfortunately only caught the  news somewhere in  the middle -there was an interview with the correspondent in Washington.   He expressed his overall impression and to my big surprise said it sounded like *spy fiction*.  It's about as far as they can go I guess.

Anyway is this  a new tune in the discussion of  the subject? Over here?

BUT: The latest issue of  DIE ZEIT has a large report about all the evidence collected around Europe concerning a supposed spiritual head and money source of the network: Abu Qatada. Where unknown sources of the French secret services are mentioned  They think  he is under the protection of MI6.

TIME.com: Sheltering A Puppet Master?
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,300609,00.html

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/english/0,1518,210727,00.html

26. August 2002

English summaries

"Osama and I"
Islamists: The suspected terrorist Shadi Abdallah has for the first time been supplying information about Al Qaida. If his testimony is correct, this would mark a breakthrough for investigators. Bin Laden may have been more directly involved in the attacks of September 11 than previously assumed - because Abdallah describes Binalshibh, whom investigators suspect of planning the attacks in the USA, as having been a confidant of Bin Laden, who was in personal contact with the terrorist leader. According to Abdallah, the French citizen Zacarias Moussaoui, 34, who is currently standing trial in the United States, was another of Bin Laden's confidants. These stories pose some puzzles which investigators will find hard to solve. While many of the claims about Germany can be checked, the details from the chapter "Osama and I" can scarcely be verified.

There's a frosty touch to the relations between Germany and the United States. The US ambassador to Germany, Dan Coates, has officially expressed Washington's displeasure at Chancellor Gerhard Schröder's public stance on the US intentions in Iraq.

"We Could Be in Baghdad Immediately"
SPIEGEL interview with the head of the UN arms inspectors for Iraq, Hans Blix, about the despot Saddam Hussein, the hypocrisy of the Baghdad regime and the preparations for a deployment of his team:
"First of all, I must make it clear that Saddam was much more dangerous before the Gulf War of 1991 than he is today. ... But what they really have done is precisely what new inspections are meant to reveal. ... The fact that activities and construction work are going on in certain places, that new factories or plants are being put up, does not necessarily justify the conclusion that Iraq has started a new programme to manufacture weapons of mass destruction. ... We can only permit ourselves to judge this once we have inspected these sites with our own eyes. ... Concerning the prospect of inspections, after the Iraqi proposals I am no longer as optimistic that we will find a solution ... Full cooperation would be entirely in Baghdad's interest."

Barbara

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

-Home Page- www.cia-drugs.org
OM

<A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

Let us please be civil and as always, Caveat Lector. ======================================================================== Archives Available at: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html <A HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html">Archives of [EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>