-Caveat Lector-

Unanswered Questions About McVeigh

With the second anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing now behind us,
and the trial of Timothy
McVeigh coming up, there are still many troubling questions that remain
unanswered about this whole
terrible happening. If the mainstream press was anything other than a
puppet of the government and
big business, reporters would be asking some tough questions.

But instead, most of the press is busy painting McVeigh as a "loaner who
loved guns" and who
"became disenchanted with the Army and became a drifter". (If these
features were capable of driving
ex-GIs to become mad bombers, the Oklahoma bombing would have hardly
been noticed in the
aftermath of the Vietnam and Gulf Wars.)

Of course we're also hearing lots of anti-militia propaganda as well. On
April 19th, reporters roamed
the countryside like vultures, hoping for some carnage to bring to us on
the evening news. Nothing
happened so it became necessary to manufacture the terrorism of the day.

We saw reports about how federal workers were too terrorized to go to
their jobs; one reporter on the
evening news even told us that there had been one "militia-style robbery
of a post office" somewhere in
the US (I forget where). I have not yet figured out what a
"militia-style robbery" is since as far as I
can recall the militias haven't been robbing enough Post Offices to
create any discernible MO. But
who am I to question the mainstream reporters?

Oh, yes, almost forgot. There was even a report about how computers on
the Internet should be
considered "weapons of mass destruction." I'm not making this up -
though I wish I were. According to
the "experts" interviewed, those dreaded Neo-Nazis and militias in the
country were busy hiring
hackers to crack the codes of big city computers and shut down power
grids, phone lines, and the like.
Somehow this would cause the cities to melt down - things became a bit
vague at that point.

Assuming that the Internet were connected to these computers which is
doubtful, most undoubtedly are
protected with firewalls to keep anyone from monkeying with them. But
don't tell the news reporters -
it would spoil the sensationalism. It is nice to know that Congress can
start work toward banning
computers once they round up all those dreaded firearms.

This would all be humorous if it weren't for the deaths in Oklahoma City
and the damage being done by
poorly reasoned laws and sensational reporting. In the meantime, the
hard questions aren't being asked.

If McVeigh was involved in the bombing (and that's a big "if" in my
mind), his tie-in to the military does
raise some interesting possibilities that the mainstream press appears
to be doing its best to hide. In my
mind, these possibilities come the closest to explaining what might have
happened in Oklahoma City.

The party line is that McVeigh became angry or disenchanted with the US
Army after failing to make
the Special Forces. In fact, those who were with him in the Army claim
that McVeigh regularly made
long hikes with 100-pound packs and was in superior condition. They cast
doubt on the idea that
McVeigh would have had any trouble meeting the physical demands needed
to get into special forces
(as he claimed to friends and family).

So what happened during the tests? Why did he fail to make the grade?
And why did he suddenly
decide not to re-enlist in the middle of what appeared to be a promising
career that he was enjoying?

There is one possibility that fits with what we know.

Most people don't realize that US special forces, US military
intelligence, and the CIA are all closely
connected with personnel being shared on a regular basis. While they are
separate entities on paper,
they come close to being one and the same thing in many operations (at
least from the time of the
Vietnam War and most likely before that).

During the 1960s, US Army Intelligence created extensive files on
American citizens; they also
recruited operatives that worked in the US to spy on citizens. We've
since learned that these
individuals were often recruited from special forces.

Technically such operations by the CIA and US Army were made illegal in
the aftermath of the Nixon
Watergate problems and the Vietnam War fiasco. However, as we've seen
with the Iran-Contra
Operation and other odds and ends, sometimes the rules are bent in order
to permit those in charge to
do what they want. And there are certainly other government agencies
that have taken the lead from
the CIA and recruit operatives from the US military.

Now the question that begs to be answered: Was McVeigh actually working
for some agency in the
US Government?

His sister, before being silenced by the Justice Department and no
longer covered by the press,
claimed that her brother was doing just that, though she was unable to
name an agency (but speculated
it might have been the BATF). Since McVeigh did attend gun shows, sell
firearms, and make a lot of
contacts with groups the government was undoubtedly worried about, he
could not have positioned
himself better for such a job.

If McVeigh was working for the government, he might also have been part
of a team. He might even
have been used by agents in the team to help carry out the actual
bombing in Oklahoma City.

Now the "easy out" is to blame BATF or some other agency for the
bombing. But there might have
been more to the "plot" than this. It is just as possible that McVeigh
and the others working with him
were trying to "smoke out" a potential terrorist by pretending to help
him. Perhaps this plan got out of
hand with the end result that they helped the terrorist a bit too much.

If McVeigh was part of a government team or working with people he
thought were fellow bombers
but were actual government agents, this might also explain both who the
missing John Doe #2 was
working for and why he was able to suddenly vanish from the face of the
earth - and the memories of
my Justice Department officials and much of the press.

Ryder Trucks just happen to be the rental truck of choice used by
government agencies; the agency
who rented the truck found at the scene of the crime in Oklahoma City,
claims that not one but two
trucks were rented to McVeigh and his friends. Apparently this second
truck doesn't fit into the current
case against McVeigh and therefore has been ignored by the Justice
Department.

"Hoppy" Heidelberg is the gentleman who was thrown off the Grand Jury
charged with the task of
evaluating the evidence of the Oklahoma City bombing. Shortly after
being removed from the jury,
Heidelberg gave an interview to Jubilee Magazine. During that interview
he said, "I think they know
who John Doe #2 is, and they are protecting him." The "they" in his
statement is our government.
Heidelberg went on to say, "This is because John Doe #2 is either a
government agent or informant
and they can't afford for that to get out."

So was McVeigh a "patsy" who didn't know what was going on? Was he
mislead or helped by
government agents including John Doe #2?

I don't know and don't have access to the documents that would reveal
the answers to this. But I have
little doubt that the answers are there to be found. And the folks in
Congress and the mainstream press
would be digging up the answers if they were serious about the truth.

There are other questions that need to be answered: Why did the Oklahoma
City bomb squad appear
on the scene before the explosion? Why did BATF agents decide it wasn't
a good day to be at work?
Why did workers at the scene of the explosion claim to have found and
disarmed other bombs? Why
did seismic records show two explosions rather than one (with later
"tests" showing there should have
been three or four "spikes" showing up instead of two)?

These are the tough questions that need to be answered if we're to lay
the mystery of the Oklahoma
City bombing behind us.

It's interesting to see who has benefited from the bombing and who has
not. The current administration
used the bombing to recover from the Waco killings (which now are
conveniently minimized since the
dates of the two events being the same).

The anti-gun, anti-Constitution, and anti-militia forces in the
government and press have had a field day
with the bombing, even though guns, Constitutional rights, and the
militias were not in any way related
to what had happened.

I hope that our government wasn't involved in this bombing. And I hope
that if rogue agents were
involved, our government will do something besides try to cover up the
fact and continue to blame
those who weren't responsible for this hideous crime.

(For a detailed look at other "oddities" to the Oklahoma City Bombing
case, see David Hoffman's
excellent article about this subject.)
http://www.prairienet.org/guns/dlgs/gun12.htm#mcveigh