-Caveat Lector-

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT BUSH AND THE WORLD

(from a reader)

September 12, 2002

Dear Mr. President,

You underestimate us. We're smart, full of passion, compassion and conviction. When tested, we have invariably risen to the occasion. Look it up. My grandmother was "Rosie the Riveter." One among many. We can be trusted. We step up to the plate...when we are asked to. But we've not been asked to.

Forgive me, but I must be blunt. You lie to us. You do others' bidding. And therefore you sacrifice an enormous advantage: the strongest populous ever.

Let me say this: Had you come to us and said: "We are in trouble. Something must be done. We're sorry, but we've been careless. We're human. And now it's too late. For the good of the USA, something must be done."

We the People would respond. We would respond unconditionally. Certain parties or persons would have to pay. Perhaps you. But without doubt, justice would be had. And having brought us into the picture, you would be remembered as being one of us.

Our response would also be appropriate and ethical, meaning that major change would be inevitable, which is most likely why you have not been truthful. Government as you know it would be extinct. But prosperity, and all that was unprecedented when set forth by our pioneering Forefathers and as mandated by our original Constitution would be observed and honored.

The New World Order you and your colleagues seek to ensure is not courageous, or ingenious. It is nothing more than the exploitation of our weakest and oldest, preconditioned programming. True courage often involves doing that which is unrecognizable and unacceptable to the status quo or the "powers that be". Courage is basically uncomfortable, which is why it is an act of choice, and not chance. Amelia Earhart said, "Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace."

Standing before the American Public and admitting that you need help would elicit would-wide rejoicing and an onslaught of possible solutions. We would not come about the same solutions that your administration has pursued, but we would come up with viable solutions nevertheless.

And know you this: What we would propose would work for the entire World...not just us, and most assuredly not just you. That's all there is to do. Period.

Please. Be smart. Be brave. Do what works for us all. Now.

Kindest regards,
The American People

Return to top of What Really Happened

<A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

Let us please be civil and as always, Caveat Lector. ======================================================================== Archives Available at: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html <A HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html">Archives of [EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>