--- Begin Message --- -Caveat Lector-
To be quite honest I expect Ramzi Bin  al Shibh (Binalshibh) to provide the U.S.  with the final  *evidence concerning Iraq*. The odd little birdie that sung his outstanding  tunes  to  perplexed German investigators, told that he turned into  a body guard of Osama  with the help of  Bin al Shibh.  Bin al Shibh he claimed belonged  to Osama's  inner circle. He met him in Pakistan, and Bin  al Shibh introduced him to Osama.

3. WHY AREN'T US JOURNALISTS REPORTING FROM IRAQ?
http://www.tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/6363
American journalists have totally fallen down on the job when it
comes to reporting from Baghdad, writes Nina Burleigh, who was one
of the first American journalists to enter Iraq after the Gulf War. That
allows the White House to make increasingly hyperbolic -- and false --
claims about the Iraqi threat to America. "This notion that the Iraqi
leader is in cahoots with Osama will be easy to feed the American
people. To the American people, one bad Arab is the same as the next,
and Osama equals Saddam," Burleigh writes. In reality, though, "Anyone who spends a little time in Baghdad knows there is one thing the dwindling, beaten-down middle class of that country fears more than the hideous regime of Saddam Hussein: an Islamic uprising. ... As much as they hate their dictator, Iraqis hate the Islamists even more. As a Sunni Muslim, so does Saddam. As in the 1980s, this creepy strongman is standing between Iraqis and the jihad." The Bush administration is so determined to prevent facts like this from getting in its way that its plan to use military force in Iraq "was set last fall without a formal decision-making meeting or the intelligence assessment that customarily precedes such a momentous decision," reports the Washington Post. "An intelligence official says that's because the White House doesn't want to detail the uncertainties that persist about Iraq's arsenal and Saddam's intentions." And with journalists asleep at the switch, no one  else will detail those uncertainties either. More web links related to this story are available at:
  http://www.prwatch.org/spin/September_2002.html#1031940345
To discuss this story in the PR Watch Forum, visit:
  http://www.prwatch.org/forum/discuss.php?id=1031940345

On 17 Sep 2002 at 22:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> America plans PR blitz on Saddam
> From Tim Reid in Washington
>
> THE Bush Administration is to launch a multimillion-dollar PR blitz
> against Saddam Hussein, using advertising techniques to persuade crucial
> target groups that the Iraqi leader must be ousted.
> The campaign will consist of dossiers of evidence detailing Saddam's
> breaches of UN resolutions, and will be launched this week at American
> and foreign audiences, particularly in Arab nations sceptical of US
> policy in the region.
> The White House is aware that it lacks substantial new intelligence on
> Saddam's nuclear programme or evidence directly linking Baghdad to the
> September 11 attacks. But it will build on the contents of President's
> Bush's speech made to the UN General Assembly last week, in which he
> listed Saddam's violations of UN resolutions.
> The campaign, which will initially receive over $200 million (£130
> million), will be overseen by the Office of Global Communications, whose
> existence will not be formally announced until next month.
>
> "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
> matter." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

> 4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/xYTolB/TM

Barbara

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

-Home Page- www.cia-drugs.org
OM

<A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

Let us please be civil and as always, Caveat Lector. ======================================================================== Archives Available at: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html <A HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html">Archives of [EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>