-Caveat Lector-

>From http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/2002/10/04_KingShrubNews.html

October 4, 2002

King Shrub News... Special Pre-War Edition

Fall, 2002,
David Spring, Editor

WAR IS GOOD FOR YOU by Donald Rumsfeld

A lot of chicken shit liberals are complaining about the upcoming war. They say it's
too
expensive and that the rest of the world is against us. Who cares what the rest of the
world
thinks? The truth is war has a lot of benefits for US. For one thing, it allows our
military to
use up all their newest toys. We spend more on bombs than the next 10 nations combined.
Why have all those weapons if you're not going to use them? And when you drop all those
bombs, you have to replace them, which makes money for the large corporations we
represent. There are also a lot of environmental benefits to attacking Iraq. If
Chevron and
Exxon gain control of the Iraqi oil fields, they won't be in such a hurry to drill in
the Arctic
Wildlife Refuge. Finally to those bleeding heart do-gooders that are concerned about a
few
thousand people getting killed, let me say this. Very few of them will be Americans,
which
are the only people that really count. Most of them will be Iraqis, which we all know
are a
bunch of terrorists who hate our guts. Why anyone would hate us is beyond me. But we
shouldn't worry if a few of our enemies get killed. There are plenty more terrorists
to take
their place.

* * *

Turn in a Terrorist by John Ashcroft

The government needs your help to identify and stop terrorists. Do you have a neighbor
you
don't like? Have they been acting suspiciously? Do they make negative comments about
the
Bush Administration? Perhaps they have a "Bush Knew" bumper sticker on their car. Are
they opposed to our patriotic war on everybody? Feel free to call our hotline
1-800-BIG-
BROTHER, and we'll come haul them away. We may already have more folks in prison than
any other nation on earth, but there's always room for more.

* * *

Protect Yourself from Terrorist Attacks by Dick Cheney

All those yellow alerts got you living in fear? Spend most of your free time hiding
under
your bed? Don't let our war on terrorism ruin your life. Do like I did and build
yourself a
bunker. Let's start with site selection. I chose a small mountain in Pennsylvania, but
any
mountain will do. You'll need a large backhoe and a few tons of dynamite to create a
cavern big enough to live in. Line the cavern with concrete at least 10 feet thick. Be
sure to
reinforce it with plenty of high-gauge steel rebar. That'll keep out those nasty
nuclear
bombs. You'll also need a special police force to guard against those pesky peace
protesters. Install a few phone lines connected to the White House and a big screen TV
with a hi-tech remote control. Connect these to a series of satellites and you're all
set to
conduct an endless war from the comfort of your own living room.

Special Offer: Are you a retired Enron Executive?

My construction company, Hellwithbricks, will build you your own bunker complete with
satellite system for only ten million dollars. Guaranteed to keep out bombs,
protestors and
Congressional investigators. Security police not included.

* * *

How to Evade the Draft by GW Bush

I can't understand why everyone is so upset about my plan to re-institute the draft.
How
else are we going to wage war against several countries at the same time? But just
because we are expanding our military doesn't mean you son has to go to war and get
shot. Just do what my Dad did during the Vietnam War. He enlisted me in the Texas Air
National Guard where I protected our southern border from an invasion by those
dangerous
Mexicans. It was great fun. I skipped out of my last two years. But that was only
because
they starting requiring drug tests of the pilots and I was so strung out on cocaine
that I
couldn't pass the test.

* * *

BuzzFlash Reader Satire by David Spring

Be sure to encourage everyone to show up a peace rallies being held all over the
nation this
Sunday. They can get more info at VOTER MARCH EVENTS CALENDAR http://
www.votermarch.org/events.htm. Keep up the good works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A<>E<>R
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Forwarded as information only; I don't believe everything I read or send
(but that doesn't stop me from considering it; obviously SOMEBODY thinks it's
important)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without
charge or
profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this type of
information for
non-profit research and educational purposes only.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth
shut."
--- Ernest Hemingway