--- Begin Message ---

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Home Selling? Try Us!
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/MVfIAA/zgSolB/TM";><B>Click
Here!</B></A>

>From the Rumor Mill News Reading Room Forum

http://www.rumormillnews.com

JAPAN PLUNGE LEADS ASIAN STOCKS LOWER

Posted By: hobie
Date: Monday, 7 October 2002, 1:07 a.m.

  : Well.this is "It."

  Japan Plunge Leads Asian Stocks Lower
  Sun Oct 6,10:40 PM ET

  By Bill Tarrant

  SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Asian stocks tumbled on Monday, with
  Japanese shares dropping more than three percent in early
  trade, after Wall Street marked its sixth straight week of
  losses.

  The dollar was little moved, but oil prices rose after a
  French supertanker exploded off Yemen in what its owners feared
  was a terror attack.

  Tokyo's Nikkei average fell as much as four percent and had dropped 3.46 percent to
8,715.59 by midsession. Banks and
  debt- ridden borrowers stumbled further on growing fears a
  tougher government line on bad loans would trigger a wave of
  corporate failures.

  The broader TOPIX was down 2.92 percent.

  "Investors are scared of the impact of rising bankruptcies.
  And on top of that, worries of a war in Iraq and a slowdown in
  the U.S. economy are really weighing," said Koichi Seki, equity
  manager at Chuo Securities.

  =[snip]===[full article linked below]=====

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=580&ncid=580&e=4&u=/nm/20021007/bs_nm/markets_asia_dc

Help keep Rumor Mill News on the Web!
BECOME A PATRON OF THE MILL!
http://www.rumormillnews.com/DONOR_PAGE.htm
Also visit the web page for our RMNews Donors, Writers and Advertizers
Let them know you appreciate them!
http://www.rumormillnews.com/FRIENDS_OF_RMNEWS.htm

Want a Rumor Mill News T-Shirt? Visit our Café Shop!
http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=rayelan

DEAD DOCTORS DON'T LIE - It's the ONLY time they don't!
Vitamins and Minerals that WORK - I know, they saved my life!
http://www.deaddoctorsdontlie.com/agent/raye/

Turn your computer into a Spy Agency!!
http://www.netspyonline.com/cgi-bin/d.cgi/rayelan
Become a reseller and earn $10.00 on each sale, like I do, click on this!
http://www.netspyonline.com/cgi-bin/d.cgi/rayelan/newuser.htm

To Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

RMNews, The Uncensored National Rumor
http://www.rumormillnews.com